Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

On our minds...

 Nathaniel counts seventeen friends in our circle.  Everyone is here!  He writes “Music” on our calendar.

 

T:

Something very special is happening today!

Caroline:

It is my play!

T:

Caroline has worked hard on making her scenery, and she completed her Grinch costume yesterday.  Did you notice she is wearing all green?  I am so excited to do the play today!

 

 

Caroline:

For breakfast, I had Lucky Charms, and I had a lot of marshmallows in there!  My dad has two.  One for cereal, one for hot cocoa.

Griffin:

After we went to bed today, we were going downstairs to watch the Cavs game.  The Clippers, no…

T:

The Celtics!

Griffin:

Yeah, that is the mascot.  Today we watched a different one.  Today when we were going downstairs, someone made a half-court at the buzzer.  Everyone was jumping on him.  They poured water on him and he was soaking wet.  Half-court at the buzzer!  He was like taking a bath or shower!

Andie:

Today I’m going to go to the roller skating place again with the gaming place and I’m going to play games and take my shoes off and do what I did last time.

Naomi:

I had eggs and bacon today.

Gwen:

Me and my dad just wobbled out of our room and turned into penguins.  That was last night!  This morning, when my dad walked in, he did.  I turned into a penguin baby.  Mommy was the penguin mama.  Gabe was the penguin baby.  This little penguin can do gymnastics and swim and at my house, we have a water soccer goal for the summer.  It squirts water out when you get the ball in.

Naomi:

Is that the person trying to not get it in the goal, or just for fun?  There’s someone keeping the ball from not getting in, is that what the water is for?  Or is it just for fun?

Gwen:

It is just for fun.

Naomi:

You have to wear a bathing suit, your clothes may get wet. 

Gwen:

We have a fake swimming pool.

Troy:

I forget.

T:

How was the doctor?

Troy:

I build something, but it was a racetrack where you had to race with my toys on my truck toys.  I drunk peanut powder at the doctor.  It tasted like grapies. 

Camille:

Well, me and my daddy were playing veterinarians.  I played with my stuffies today.  We were also playing with my new horsies that were buried.  It was just toys!

Quinn:

I had testing at tae-kwon-do.  I got a new belt.  I get to keep the other belts.  I have a camo belt.  I had to do a double back flip.  Then I had to do a triple one!

Daniel:

What is a triple back flip?

Quinn:

You do a flip and another flip and then another flip.  A double is two flips at the same time.  A triple flip is three flips.

Griffin:

What is a four flip?

Luke:

I played the shark game really really fast so I can come here.  I unlocked the electric shark.

Alex:

I ate pancakes for breakfast.  I had pizza for dinner.  They are both circle things!

Griffin:

In soccer language, it is football.  That is the language in soccer.

Forest:

Elio is going to school.  He went to school with his teacher.  His teacher is Ms. LaTourette.  He loves her! 

Nathaniel:

I normally watch videos but I couldn’t.  I had a power outage!  Yesterday when I came home from school. 

T:

What did you do instead?

Nathaniel:

I just took a walk around the block.  My dad needed more exercise.  Actually, my dad needed more movement.  He’s been working for so long yesterday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment