Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Thursday, March 14, 2024

On our minds...

 Luke counts fourteen friends in our circle.  Gwen, Caroline, Naomi and Miss Kopp are missing.  We wish them well!  He writes “Nature” on our calendar. 

 

T:

What news do you have to share today?  Are you excited for Spring Break?

Andie:

Today when I get home, I’m do have something new in my play room.  It is called a Polly Pocket.  The head opens.

Troy:

Tomorrow, on the other day, I rode a cruise ship.  It was on the weekend.  I was there for one day.

Josephine:

I’m playing tomorrow.  I am going to play with my doll house.

Alexander:

Same thing as Andie.  I have a unicorn one that opens.

Ashton:

We almost going to Disney at night.  Disney.  I’m so excited to see Mickey and go on Seven Dwarfs.  This is the first time I’m tall enough, I’ve never gone on it.  There are some scary parts.  I never go on the noodle ride.  I never throw up on it.

Camille:

I have a Polly Pocket, too.  It is a people one and it has a mirror.  On the bottom of the mirror it opens like a cabinet.  I also got some table.  It looks like a racetrack for the Paw Patrol.  Every time I push a button, they race each other.

Griffin:

On Tuesday, I’m going to get to go to Florida to my grandma’s house.  Today when I get back home, I’m going to go upstairs and play with my mom.  We play the zoo.  We made one!  We made one with magnets.  I made a room for my animals so they can sleep.

Forest:

Did you know that I have an ice cream shop next to my house?  It is called an ice cream shop.  I got Spiderman popsicles there! 

Luke:

When I get back home, I’m going to play with something really cool!  I’m going to play with my airplane and my aircraft carrier and my cars.

Alex:

I’m going to Coldstone after school today.  I’m going to get ice cream! 

Quinn:

In four days, I have four days to pack! 

T:

What are you going to pack?

Quinn:

I don’t know!  Four more days until I have to leave.

Griffin:

Your Spiderman toys!

Daniel:

I think Quinn should pack his sleeping bag.

Camille:

Some stuffies!

Forest:

He should pack the sun!

T:

I think Florida sunshine will already be there for him!

Andie:

I think he should pack shoes.

Cian:

He could pack a potty.

Ashton:

A hat!  And clothes- Disney clothes.

Quinn:

I have a Mickey shirt.

Andie:

I used to have a splinter in my arm.  Nathan pulled it out.  It did hurt.

Cian:

I have a connection.  I got something to say about it.  I got a splinter in the deck and I never did it before.  I was finding wood in my hand.  I got a splinter.

Andie:

Was it silver?

Cian:

It was black.  It was owey.

Andie:

Nathan pulled mine out at Playhouse Square.

Cian:

Mine is still in my skin because my mommy didn’t know.  I have a band aid on it.

Andie:

Nathan threw mine away.

Camille:

After school, I’m going to have a nap and then the next day after school when Mommy is sleeping, I’m going to pick her a nice big bunch of roses.

Cian:

Well, just I forgot any other news.

Griffin:

Today Logan and me are making funny videos of basketball players in college.

Daniel:

I am bringing a new stuffy today at school.  He is in my backpack.  It is a Squishmallow. 

T:

You have a very cool shirt today…

Daniel:

I don’t want to talk about it.

T:

Can I?  (Daniel nods) Today is Pi Day…. Daniel has the pi symbol on his shirt.  Many people are eating pie today to celebrate.  It is a symbol in math, and many people make the connection to today’s date.

No comments:

Post a Comment