Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Monday, April 22, 2024

Earth Day!

 We have new jobs!  Forest is the Leader.  Alexander is the Meteorologist.  Griffin is the Book Friend.  Andie is the Counting Friend. Quinn is the Classroom Manager. Caroline and Josephine are the Snack Helpers. Cian is the Lunch Helper and the Block Friend is Luke.


 

Andie counts seventeen friends in our circle.  Everyone is here!  She writes “Earth” on our calendar for Earth Day!










 

T:

What a beautiful morning!  Mornings like this make me feel very grateful for being at a school in the National Park.  The weather was perfect, and it was fun exploring parts of campus we have never been to!  What was your favorite part of our Earth Day celebration?

Caroline:

My favorite part was when they were singing the song.

T:

They Pawpaw song, or the Good Morning song in the ampitheater?

Caroline:

The Paw Paw song.

Griffin:

Seeing my brother and sister!

Alex:

I’ve never heard the Pawpaw song.  I used to never be in this school.

Andie:

Well, my favorite part was eating a LOT of apples.

T:

We did eat a lot of apples!  I wonder how many apples were sliced to fill our tub?

Andie:

My other favorite part was when they were singing.

Quinn:

My favorite part was eating apples!

Josephine:

I liked singing.

Alexander:

The pom-pom song.

Nathaniel:

I liked the author.

T:

Do you remember what her book was about?

Nathaniel:

Fireflies!

Andie:

My favorite part was seeing my sister.  I have her a hug, twice.

Daniel:

I got a hug from… I forget.

T:

Ben and Nicholas!

Luke:

I liked the trees.

Forest:

I got a dinosaur and a Hotwheels for my birthday!  A dinosaur that roars!

T:

I hope you had a great birthday!

Forest:

Yeah!

T:

Does anyone else have news from their weekend?

Josephine:

I went to Forest birthday.

Camille:

I went to Forest’s birthday party.  I liked the bowling.

Caroline:

I also went to the birthday party.  I got a strike!  I’ve been bowling since I was three.

Camille:

I knocked down all the pins in one roll!

Josephine:

I got a strike.

Nathaniel:

I went to two birthday parties in one day!  I had my brother’s birthday party in the morning, and Forest’s in the afternoon!  Theo’s was at Urban Air. 

Andie:

Well, Joe didn’t have a fun Saturday.  Flat tire.  Even Nathan did on the same day.  The police truck had to take me.  Only Joe got the flat tire and he was scared because we were in the car.  Me and Addie and Joe were in the thing but the police took us to McDonald’s!  I got a burger and some Sprite.

Caroline:

I didn’t know kids were allowed to have Sprite!

Andie:

I can have Coke.

Forest:

I liked when Luke kept running down the hall. 

Quinn:

I went to Target.  I got a ginormous Transformer.  Optimus Prime!  It is this big.

Daniel:

I went to Target and I got a Switch.  I got another one.

Naomi:

I went to the store with Dada and I got a new ball.  I stayed the night at Papa’s with Mama and Cole.  Dada was at home. 

Andie:

It was like I was going to jail because the windows had bars.  When Joe got a flat tire, it’s silly.  It was candy!  Candy was inside Joe’s flat tire.  I got to drive with Aunt Jessica. 

Alex:

When I was at Forest’s birthday, I also went to a sleepover.  I went to soccer.  I got to make something that my mom didn’t even know how to make. 

T:

Did you go to the Daddy-Daughter dance?

Alex:

Oh yeah!  I got to eat cookies.  I got to play with balloons and glow bracelets.

Griffin:

I went to football with Quinn.

Daniel:

I went to Forest’s birthday party and I have three Switches, because I had two and the one from Target makes three.

Troy:

When I was on the home day, we stayed up late and Mama and me did a new game.  An excavater game!  Instead it was a mining one.  My mom bought me the hugest biggest machine ever.  It had the biggest digger thing ever.

Gwen:

I played a game but Mom ended up watching TV and we switched it around!  She wanted to watch a trailer.  It was a trailer of Emily’s Science World.

Alexander:

I don’t remember.

Ashton:

I liked seeing my brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment