Josephine
counts sixteen friends in our circle. We are missing Caroline. We wished her
well. Josephine writes “Music” on our calendar. In just one week, on April 17th,
we will have our musical informance at 8:45. Parents are invited to attend and
watch your music class!
|
T: |
We
have been busy with many, many things, such as plays, and painting daffodils.
Today, we are going to start something very cool. On this day, (April 26th)
I am going to put a tiny little heart. It will be a very happy day this day…
it is called Grandparents Day! Our classroom is going to be so crowded. Grandparents
are going to come into our classroom. Who can tell me… what are grandparents?
|
|
Quinn: |
It’s
kind of like… I have two grandparents and they used to be my mom’s mom and
now they moved to a separate house. |
|
T: |
Do
grandparents live with you? Quinn: No. |
|
Alex: |
It’s
the person that’s the mom and dad of your moms and dads. |
|
Cian: |
My
grandparent is my mom’s mom. |
|
Andie:
|
I
get my nails done with my grandparents. |
|
Griffin: |
My
mom’s mom. It’s her mom and dad. I have two grandmas. |
|
Ashton: |
Grandparents
come here? T: Yes! |
|
Daniel: |
Um,
one time, they drove me to school. And they also put me to bed one time. |
|
T: |
Sometimes
they take care of you. |
|
Alex: |
I
have a question. Are the grandparents going to pick us up? |
|
T: |
Yes,
some will take you home that day. We have heard that Quinn is going home,
Caroline, Gwen, Nathaniel, Josephine, Daniel… you are all going home with
your grandparents! We are talking about grandparents because we have to get
to work on a special project. You are all going to be authors! The pictures
are going to be your grandparents. Think about what a grandparent looks like.
What do they look like? |
|
Daniel: |
My
grammy has short hair and my grandpa is bald. |
|
T: |
My
dad has blond hair and a mustache. And he is a farmer. |
|
Naomi: |
My
Gigi has light hair that’s short and my papa has short hair like Griffin’s
but not as fluffy. |
|
Quinn: |
My
grandpa has sort of like long hair and Troy likes the job he has. He works at
the construction site. |
|
Alex: |
I
have two grandmas and two grandpas. One of my grandmas has short blond hair
and my grandpa is bald. My other grandpa also has short blond hair. |
|
T: |
Some
grandparents are talented. Like Forest… I know your grandpa has a beautiful
voice. |
|
Quinn: |
My
grandpa sings in church. |
|
Camille:
|
Um,
papa has short gray hair. |
|
T: |
So,
in this book, you might want to talk about what they look like. You might
want to talk about what you like to do together. You might talk about where
they live. Nathaniel is pretty lucky with where his grandparents live! |
|
Nathaniel: |
They
live right next door. Sometimes after school, I go over to their house. |
|
Cian: |
I
walk there sometimes. |
|
Naomi: |
My
grandma lives in a different land but it’s still in Ohio. |
|
Daniel: |
When
I am at my grammy’s condo, I help her clean. T: Well, that is very nice of
you. |
|
Gwen: |
One
of my grandparents is actually my dad’s mom. |
|
T: |
What
do you know about you grandparents? |
|
Gwen: |
Gigi
told me lots of funny things about him. He put a Halloween hand behind the
toilet to scare her. |
|
Forest: |
I
am going to be at Disney. |
|
Ashton: |
We
going back to Disney soon. |
|
T: |
So,
in this book, you can talk about them, but first, we are going to draw them.
How might it be different drawing your grandparents? |
|
Quinn: |
They
will be bigger. |
|
Daniel: |
My
grammy… her hair goes forwards. |
|
Griffin: |
They’re
bald. |
|
Andie: |
My
grandma is like super duper far away from me. |
No comments:
Post a Comment