Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

On our minds...

  

Andie counts fourteen friends in our circle.  Alexander, Cian and Camille are missing.  We wish them well!  She writes “Music” on our calendar.

 

T:

We have been so busy at school!  What excites you about the day ahead?

Caroline:

I want to play outside.

Griffin:

Daniel’s play!

Alex:

I am really excited for Daniel’s play, too.

Quinn:

Daniel’s play.

Andie:

One time I made two figures and a thing.  It had a gray Lego piece and it said “Disney 100.”  Also, I had to turn it upside down to do some parts.  Then there was a little black thing that you stick a thing on, the sign.  There is a castle and it had that on everything.  It also had Hei Hei and the pig.

Forest:

Tomorrow I am going to Disney! 

T:

Tomorrow!  How exciting!

Forest:

I get to see Lightning and Mickey.  I’m going on an airplane. 

Daniel:

I have a connection with you, Forest.  I’ve been on a plane.

Alex:

I am excited because I got to eat toast three days in a row.  Two days in a row.  I love toast.  It is jelly toast, my favorite.  Jelly and butter toast.

Quinn:

I went to tai-kwon-do last night.  When I comed back, my grandparents were there!  Grandpa is coming from Texas.

Troy:

Guess what my play is going to be about!  Staying up laaaaaaate!

T:

What do you do when you stay up late?

Troy:

I usually eat movie snacks when we are watching a movie.  Sometimes when I get a little bored, I play with my toys.

Caroline:

When I was at my mommy’s house, I buyed three games at Target.  I buyed Monopoly Knock-Out.  It was for 8+.  I bought Pie in the Face.  Daddy got pied four times.  The last game is Life.  It is not Life that you eat.  It is one of my favorites now.

Griffin:

When I get home today, I’m going to play with my controller for my truck.  It goes in mud, water and snow.  I don’t know what else.  It is an outside one.

Luke:

I was playing with my dad’s flashlight.  When it was dark, I couldn’t see!  I was going upstairs with it, and there is this thing you can make the light bigger.  It was a circle and you push it back and when you put it up, it makes it a circle. 

Andie:

My grandma and papa are going to come to play with us for seven nights.  Actually, eight!  I think Nathan and Joe are in New York.  Without us!  It is not fair.  I went to New York before.  I went to the Statue of Liberty.  I went to Hershey my first time.  I ate chocolate!  Lots of chocolate.  I got to eat a giant chocolate Reese bunny.  It was this big!  The box was this big, too.

Nathaniel:

I haven’t packed my clothes yet.  I actually packed things last week in my new suitcase.  I have stuffed animals. 

Gwen:

I stayed inside and watched TV because it was raining where I lived.  I watched Princess Power. 

Ashton:

I staying here with nobody!  Only with you guys!  Nobody is here, only you guys and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment