Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Monday, April 1, 2024

New Jobs and Spring Break News!

 Welcome back!  We have new jobs!  Our Leader is Ashton.  Gwen is the Meteorologist.  Daniel is the Book Friend.  Camille is the Counting Friend.  Alex is the Classroom Manager.  Troy is the Snack Helper.  The Lunch Helper is Naomi and the Block Expert is Nathaniel.

 

Camille counts sixteen friends in our circle.  Alexander is missing.  We wish him well!  She writes “Art” on our calendar.

 

T:

Today is Monday!  It is a new month.  We were away from school for two full weeks!  Who would like to share what they did on Spring Break?  Do you have a favorite thing?

Gwen:

I made a lamb cake with Karen.  It was coconut, because it wasn’t any flavor.  Actually, it had coconut little fluffy shreds all over it.  I got to take it home. 

Alex:

I played with my friend Penny. 

Daniel:

On Easter, the Easter Bunny got Teddy and me a Squishmallow.  Before I left to go to my Grammy’s house, I found an egg. 

Ashton:

I got only money in mine.

Naomi:

I stayed at my Pop Pop’s.  On Easter day, I went over to Gigi’s and I picked Cole up.  Cole stayed the night at Gigi’s, but it was actually Aunt Katie’s.  I went on an Easter hunt with Meadow.  We got lots of Easter eggs.  We got Easter gifts and there was a bunch of candy inside.  Me and Meadow ate a little bit before eating dinner.  We hided from our moms and dads in Meadow’s room.

Quinn:

I’m going to Disney World.  My favorite part was the Disney castle.  Oh yeah, I saw Mickey Mouse. 

Luke:

I got to ride on the excavator.  I went in and I liked it.  I forgot.  It was for digging our pool.  They had a bigger bucket but they didn’t attach it on.  They take the wood, and they are building not a deck.  An island!  There is a different deck.  It is just a strong one.

Forest:

The Easter Bunny didn’t get me any Easter eggs.  He just hid the Easter basket.  He put some Easter eggs in the basket. 

Caroline:

The Easter Bunny also did hide my basket.  Grandma had ten eggs but it was actually eight.  I found ten!  I pied my dad in the face.  I went to Legoland.  I did the Uni-Kitty drop.  One of my favorites are the ninjas and the triple-decker couch.  I had fun.  I did “Who Knows Caroline Best,” and my mommy won.

Griffin:

I went to Florida.  I went to the pool.  I went to the beach only one time.  At the ocean, I saw a crab hand.  On Easter, the Easter Bunny tied my Easter basket where all the stuffed animals are.  It was behind it.

Ashton:

I went at Disney.  When we were there, we saw a Disney show.  We saw a Disney show at Disney and it was so cool.  It takes off, and we went around.  We go on the Little Mermaid and more rides.  Pirates of the Caribbean.  My favorite ride was Finding Nemo.  Two rides, actually.  Finding Nemo and I not know. 

Nathaniel:

Yesterday morning I woke up with a mini Easter egg hunt to do without my grandparents.  After breakfast, we opened a big pink egg.  Then it told us to go up into our rooms where our clothes hang.  I found new Easter jammies.  My brother found the same thing.  The egg told us to open it up and I forgot to tell you… we opened the egg and it told us to look on a note behind my brother’s Switch.  It told us to read it at a certain time, and we looked in Theo’s Switch.  The Easter Bunny downloaded Super Mario on Theo’s Switch.  We played it so much!  Then when my grandparents got home from Columbus, we had to open a little golden egg.  We had a bigger Easter egg hunt up in the playroom.  We found all forty-two eggs!  The golden egg’s note led us to our baskets.  They were in my parent’s shower.

Troy:

I just went to drive a real train with a driver.  It was a cargo train with two many cars on it.  It had sixty flat cars.  I drove it to a harbor to get some sea containers. 

Josephine:

Easter.  I got candy.  M&Ms and eggs. 

Andie:

Well, guess what I did today!  My grandma hided the eggs and me and Papa went to the back of the outside.  I found one between the rocks.  I found one underneath the tree.  One of them was too far.  Papa hid one inside the hole in the fireplace in the basement.  I also could collect twenty eggs!  I could empty the wrapper.  My grandma and papa were there.

Cian:

Well, the dogs chewed all the eggs.  All the eggs!  He chewed them up!  all the eggs!  It is almost Sloaney’s birthday.  She will be seven.  Her is already six.  Sloane got more eggs than me.  The Easter Bunny hid more eggs for me but I only got one money.  I got M&Ms. 

Troy:

I can’t have any M&Ms.  I have to do my food test to get those.

Gwen:

The Easter Bunny left glitter paws on our hardwood floor.  When he was leaving!  Actually, I collected all the glitter and I sprinkled it outside and it is still there!

Troy:

We did an Easter egg hunt on Easter.  Mom goed to hide all the eggs and we had to find the golden eggs.  Do you know what I got in my eggs?  Trucks!

Camille:

I went on vacation!  I slept on the top of a bunk bed!  Sienna was in her crib.  We went somewhere, I don’t know what it is called.  It was cold.  Mommy did something really funny!  The morning we left to go home, she left a note on my bed!  It said “Don’t forget to do something,” which was feed the kitties when I got home.  I really missed Sully.  My cat is Sully.  We have four cats.  One is Sully, Merlin, Scout and Zola.  Liberty is my dog.

Daniel:

When I left my grammy’s house, Nicholas got the most eggs.  I got the number that goes after twelve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment