Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Thursday, December 7, 2023

Goodbye Ms. Buzzi!

  

Naomi counts sixteen friends in our circle.  Gwen is on vacation.  She writes an “N” on our calendar for Nature.

 

Caroline:

Did you know that I had my birthday and I’m already five.

Griffin:

I’m going to Cayman Islands.  And I’m way bigger than all of them.

Alex:

Today my elf was hiding in my cereal box!

Andie:

My elf was on top of macaroni and cheese and it made a mess.  It was dry.  He was sitting on top.  It was sitting with his legs out and my elf usually… one time my elf was tumbling over a pot in the pantry.  Also Naomi gave me a gift. 

Forest:

My elf was hiding under my light. 

Daniel:

Today my elf was hiding at my house by my pantry.  On my calendar to Christmas! 

Camille:

One day I found my elf making a mess and one time he was hiding on the birthday banner.  They eat candy canes.  One night I found them and there was a note that said “The elves stole my presents that Mommy and Daddy bought me.”  If I didn’t give them candy they would not give them back.  I gave them candy and they ate the candy and brought back the presents.

Griffin:

Today my elves were by my little Christmas tree by my bathroom.  I got a little ornament.  Mario was eating a mushroom!

Ashton:

I am five years old.

T:

Not quite yet- your birthday is in May!

Caroline:

Did you know I have two elves and two reindeer?

Ashton:

I got one elf.

Caroline:

I made a wish.  First I had Candy Cane and then I had Love Heart.  I basically had one elf and one reindeer.  I wished for a reindeer and an elf.

 

 

T:

Today is Ms. Buzzi’s last day with us!  Can you believe it?  Ms. Buzzi has been in Room 103 to learn about being a teacher.  For the rest of this year, she will be in another classroom.  What do you think teachers need to know about being in a classroom?

Naomi:

Watch kids!

Andie:

Play with kids.

Camille:

I think they play with kids and help kids.

Caroline:

They help them when they do something wrong.

Griffin:

They pick jobs.

T:

If you were a teacher, what would you do in your classroom?

Naomi:

I would help kids learn.

Andie:

I would help kids learn.

Daniel:

I forget.

Quinn:

I would wear my pajamas to school!

Josephine:

I would wear pajamas!

Ashton:

Sometimes I would make a lemonade store.

Alex:

I would make sweets at lunch.  Every kind of sweet in the world.

Griffin:

I would bring an elephant. 

Caroline:

I would actually give the kids two sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment