Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Monday, December 11, 2023

New Jobs and Weekend News!

 We have new jobs!  Quinn is the Leader.  Forest is the Meteorologist.  Alexander is the Book Friend.  Griffin is the Counting Friend.  The Classroom Manager is Josephine.  Luke and Caroline are the Snack Helpers.  The Lunch Helper is Cian and the Studio Manager is Andie.

 

Griffin counts fifteen friends in our circle.  Andie and Daniel are not here.  We wish them well!  He writes an “A” on our calendar for Art.

 

T:

Who has news about their weekend?

Caroline:

My dad was going to eat a Pop Tart, and my elves were under the chair.  They were eating my dad’s Pop Tart that he was going to eat!  Those silly elves!

Forest:

My elf was hiding in my sister’s stocking!  He wasn’t giving her candy.

Alexander:

My elf is flying!

T:

How?

Alexander:

On a string! 

Camille:

Last year I found two elves, Chippy and Miss Elfie swinging on a magic swing.  This year I found them making flour angels.  They made a big huge mess!  Yesterday I found them in the guitar with my pretend play elves.  One day I found them in a jellybean bath in water.  One time I found them sitting in the window.  That was today.

Cian:

Do you know where I found my elf today?  On our treadmill!  My mommy was not going on the treadmill today.  She can’t!  It will close up and he might get smashed!

Camille:

Did he fall off the treadmill?

Cian:

No.

Camille:

My daddy has a treadmill with a seat and you put your feet in little pedals and rock back and forth.

Nathaniel:

Me and Theo do somersaults and front flips in the play room!  Theo does front flips and I do somersaults!

T:

That is impressive!

Ashton:

I do flips.  I went to a pool and I did a double flip.

Josephine:

I got my Christmas tree.  I put ornaments on it. 

Caroline:

Do you know what my mom went to?  Mariah Carey!

T:

Mrs. Rich did, too!

Caroline:

Did you know that tomorrow is my mom’s birthday?

T:

Your birthdays are very close!

Caroline:

I wonder how old she is turning.  I forgot.

Ashton:

My elf fell down on him head.

Quinn:

My elf was hiding on my head!  He was hiding on my head once.  He was sitting on my head once, and one time he destroyed my brother’s Legos.  The hardest one!  Then he destroyed, or tried to destroy my head.

Naomi:

I went to see Santa.  I had a sleepover with Gigi and Meadow.  Meadow is my cousin.

Troy:

I didn’t go anywhere.  I only had a party at the trampoline park.  Then we played at the trampoline park and I played at home with my toys.  I builded a train toy set that I can play with.  I can touch my elf with special gloves.  If I don’t touch him with the gloves, he loses his magic.  I get to carry him around and show him stuff.  I saw a big rig on the way to school with one hundred wheels.

Caroline:

Did you know I saw Mrs. Claus and Santa?  At the same time!

Ashton:

I want to see Santa at the Zoo.  I already did.  I got a ring pop.

Luke:

I went to see Santa.  I just ate the marshmallows with no chocolate.  Mom wanted to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment