Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

We're Making a List, Checking it Twice...

 Griffin counts fourteen friends in circle.  Camille, Andie and Cian are missing.  We wish them well!  He writes an “M” on our calendar for Music!

 

T:

Winter break is so close.  We only have three more days of school! 

Naomi:

Then it is Santa Claus!

T:

So exciting! 

Caroline:

I’m asking for a pogo stick!  I’ve never been on one!

Gwen:

I want to see a puppy and you have to build a house and give it a name and its fluffy and orange.  I don’t know what kind of puppy it will be, but it will be super fluffy.  I think it is kind of cut off.  It is this big.  I also wanted to see a unicorn horn for my bike.  Also a magical flower and a magical little game and you have to fix a puppy if they get hurt.  For my puppy I’m getting.  Also, the last thing is I want it to have food and water- two bowls.

Alexander:

I want a gumball machine!

T:

Will you have to have quarters to get the gumball out?

Alexander:

No.

Ashton:

I want a Hot Wheels thing and a gumball thing.  I want a puppy toy that you put food in.  Him not eat it.  It is on the TV.

Alex:

I told my elf what I want for Christmas but I’m not telling you.

Forest:

I am asking for a toy race car that could go outside!  I can ride it outside!

Naomi:

A radio! 

Troy:

I want a big rig with an excavator on it and a big train that carries a lot of flat cars to pull a huge excavator and a flatbed that can pull an excavator.  I also want a combine with two trailers and three wheels to hold the heavy load.  One hundred wheels on the trailer to hold the heavy load!

Josephine:

I don’t know.  I want a car.  A pink one.

Griffin:

I want a Monster Truck Loader.  To carry monster trucks.  I am going to get a rainbow track Mario.  I want a new football shirt because the other one is my brother’s. 

Ashton:

I want a truck that goes outside.  It got a remote.

Nathaniel:

Minecraft Warden Lego set.

Quinn:

I want a real monster truck.  I have a driver’s license.  I want a real driving one.

Griffin:

Did you tell Santa yet?

Quinn:

Yes.

Daniel:

Car!  A car to drive.  To drive on the street.  A real one! 

Gwen:

I have a pink Jeep and Grandma gave it to me for my four-year-old birthday.  Also, I also want a little handle on my puppy house so I can carry my puppy house.

Luke:

I want a bigfoot toy and a crane.  They are really big!  I saw them at the beach. 

Griffin:

I am going to get a real life Home Alone toy.  A real Home Alone!  Kevin from Home Alone.  The dad is really mean to him.  Have you watched it?

T:

Yes!

Alex:

I’ve watched Home Alone before.  I watched both of the episodes.

Gwen:

I watched the first Home Alone and then the third Home Alone but we couldn’t find the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment