Forest
counts 15 friends in our circle. We are missing 2 friends today. Troy, Camille,
and Mrs. Rich are missing today. We wished them well. Since we don’t have a
special on Tuesdays, we talked about sharing more beautiful stuff bags during our
specials time today.
|
T: |
Good
morning, friends! Happy Tuesday. I have something exciting that we are going
to be talking about today. Mrs. Rich and I have spent some time brainstorming
what we could turn our kitchen into…I don’t know if any of you have noticed,
but there is a HUGE stack of boxes in the studio. Does anyone have any ideas
of what we could be doing with those boxes? |
|
Cian:
Caroline:
Andie:
Caroline: T:
|
Yay!
Yay! Yay! I know. A construction site. Build
like a house. We
could build a giant Paris that could punch through the roof. T: Like the
Eiffel Tower? Andie: Yeah! You
could also build a castle! Yes…
Boxes can be used to make so many things. We are going to turn our kitchen
into a construction site! With the boxes, you will all be able to use your
imaginations to create different things. What else could we make? |
|
Gwen: |
A
dance place or a gymnastics place or an ice cream or flower car. |
|
Daniel: |
An
escalator. |
|
Quinn: |
You
could build the Eiffel Tower. |
|
Griffin: |
A
karate site. |
|
Alex:
|
A
balloon store. |
|
Forest:
|
A
tree. |
|
T: |
Those
are some great ideas! I would like everyone to find a story spot. I have a
special book that I would like to read to you this morning that has to do
with building and creating things with boxes. This book is called “Boxitects.”
Does anyone know what an architect does? |
|
Cian:
|
An
architect builds stuff. |
|
Quinn: |
You
can make a castle! |
|
T:
|
Yes,
an architect builds stuff! Like tall towers and structures. In this story, the
characters call themselves “boxitects.” They are young students with big
imaginations just like all of you! Boxitects are like architects who build
with boxes! Let’s find out what these boxitects create… |
|
T: |
In
the story, the characters built all sorts of things out of boxes. They used
markers, crayons, tape, stickers… Do you think you could be a boxitect? Tomorrow,
when you come to school, our kitchen is going to be transformed. There will
be boxes and different materials available for you to build and create! |
No comments:
Post a Comment