Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Daniel shares his Marvelous Me Book!

 


Daniel:

That is at a playground and I’m holding my hedgehog stuffy.  I used to do t-ball.  I have five medals!  One from soccer.  This is my family and my cousins.  And my grandma and grandpa and my other grandma and grandpa.  I made that out of Duplos.  I am eating cake.  That is me sitting on Teddy, because Mom is holding me when Teddy was in her tummy.  So I’m sitting on Teddy.  That is my dad!  That is Nicholas, who is also small.  So Ben is holding me.  No, I am holding Teddy.  There is Teddy, there is Ben and there is Nicholas and there is me!  Teddy and me eating Swenson’s!  That is me, Nicholas and Ben holding our “lovey bugs.”  All of the small ones have magnets on their feet.  Only Ben’s doesn’t have magnets.  I was eating a sucker.  This is my friend named Dillon.  That is Neal.  I am dressed as Baby Yoda.  That is my friend Mira.  There is Nicholas.  This is me when I first got my bed.  Me in leaves.  That says “Daniel.”  It is my nametag for Old Trail School.  That is my mom and she is reading me and Teddy one of Teddy’s new books.  I was at Disney World.  Teddy and me at the Library.  This is me picking peaches.  That is one of my medals from soccer.  This is Christmas.  This one is me at Great Wolf Lodge getting my swim suit on.  That is me riding my bike.  That is me at Halloween at school and me riding Yoshi.  That is at the dinosaur museum.  That is me washing dishes with my grammy.  That is eating donuts and this is Dillon and Mira and we have cotton candy.  That is more ice cream, and my favorite is mint chocolate chip.  Ha!  This is me when we found a frog!  That is me in a marshmallow pit when we went to Candytopia.

Griffin:

I have been to Candytopia and I went in the marshmallow pit!  Connection!

Quinn:

I like when you had your swimmies on. 

Caroline:

I like where someone was putting on your bathing suit.

Gwen:

I’ve been to Candytopia.  I went everywhere!  Each place in Candytopia.

Camille:

I like when you said your favorite flavor of ice cream.  I also like rainbow sprinkles and gummy bears on my ice cream!


No comments:

Post a Comment