Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Welcome back!

 Welcome back!  We have new jobs.  Nathaniel is the Classroom Manager.  Alex is the Snack Helper.  Gwen is the Lunch Helper.  Ashton is the Studio Manager.  Naomi is the Leader.  Camille is the Meteorologist.  The Book Friend is Troy and Daniel is the Counting Friend.

Daniel counts fourteen friends in our circle.  Ashton, Griffin and Luke are missing.  He writes “Story” on our calendar.

 

T:

It is a new year! 

Camille:

Look at our pumpkin!

Caroline:

The dirt is sucking up our pumpkin.

Gwen:

I think the pumpkin is getting pushed down by the dirt. 

Alex:

My dad is going on vacation with his brother today.

T:

How exciting!  Before we share news, let’s do our calendar!  We noticed that we have a new month!  Did you see that the number of our year changed?  It is now 2024!  In January, something changes on our calendar.  We document what our special is each day… what do you notice in December? 

Caroline:

We write the letter!

T:

We do!  Starting today, we have an extra challenge for you.  We want you to write the WHOLE word.  Think of the sounds in the word story… S-T-O-R-Y.  How many sounds do you hear?

All:

Five!

T:

Yes!  We have to fit five letters in our square now!  Can we do it?  Let’s write “story” together on the carpet, and Daniel will record it on our calendar… now who has news from your winter break?

Gwen:

I got a puppy little live.  When you mail the name in, the puppy appears.  It is a surprise puppy.  I even got a Furby.  I got a robot horse.  I also put reindeer food on the grass.

Caroline:

Me and Gwen have a connection.  We both got Alive Pets.  I went to a store that had a bounce house.  It also has a train room.  It is a daycare, where you drop kids off.  I saw Josephine there.

Alex:

I got a Magic Mixie for Christmas.  I had to create this little thing and it granted me a wish.  It glowed and it means it granted my wish.  I made a wish and I wished for every day to be Christmas.  Then it glowed, but every day wasn’t Christmas.

Camille:

I have a connection with Gwen.  Me and Sienna both got a Furby for Christmas.  They talk and they tell us to sing.  Santa got me a big Paw Patrol.  And he gave me an owl whistle.  My mom gave me a new backpack.  It has little things inside and I can shake it.  They wiggle!  It also came with a unicorn pin and it has a switch.  When I turn the light on, the unicorn lights up.

Nathaniel:

I got the same thing as Caroline and Gwen.  I got the same connection as Caroline and Gwen.  I also visited my two-year-old cousins.  Their birthday was on the day we got there.

Alexander:

I put my reindeer food out.  Mac and cheese!

Camille:

It’s carrots, actually.

Alexander:

I didn’t have carrots.  I had mac and cheese.

Daniel:

I have a connection with Camille.  My brother, Teddy has a Paw Patrol backpack.

Camille:

I got a Paw Patroller.

Forest:

Santa got me a wizard costume.  It’s not a real one!

Troy:

I made a secret room.  I made it in my closet with all my clothes.  I was going to do whatever I want in that room!  I can make a secret door outside. 

Andie:

My room, I actually have the same thing.  I just have a Lego set.  I also have the… I think it’s called the Mini Anna and Elsa.  I also have, my room is giant.  I also have a new stuffy.  Her name is Lucy.

Naomi:

I got an ice cream truck and real food to make. 

Quinn:

I went to Sky Zone and I went to the beach.  I crushed a sandcastle.

Cian:

I forgot.

T:

Do you want to share about what you got for Christmas?

Cian:

I did get presents.  Do you know how to play Pick Up Sticks?  We put it down and we can’t move our sticks!

Josephine:

I don’t know.  I got a watch.

Caroline:

I also put reindeer food out.  I put lots out!

Alex:

I went to Sky Zone!  I did not see Quinn.  I went yesterday.

Nathaniel:

I got fourteen Lego sets!  Also, my brother and my dad got a drum set for Christmas.  Actually, I’ve already played it.  My favorite Lego set was probably the big one from my grandparents.

Troy:

Tomorrow it is my golden birthday when I’m turning five. 

Camille:

I went to my grandma’s house to spend Christmas with my cousins.  Grandma also made me kitty-cat pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment