Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Monday, January 8, 2024

New Jobs and Weekend News!

 We have new jobs!  Cian is the Classroom Manager.  The Snack Helpers are Andie and Forest.  The Lunch Helper is Josephine.  The Studio Manager is Caroline.  Luke is the Leader.  Quinn is the Meteorologist.  Griffin is the Book Friend and Alexander is the Counting Friend.

 

Alexander counts fourteen friends in our circle.  Camille, Cian and Josephine are missing.  We wish them well!  Alexander writes “videos” on our calendar.

 

T:

Today is Monday!  We do not have Art today.  We will meet a new teacher on January 22!  For today, we will try to finish up our Community Project videos!  Let’s write “video” on our calendar.  Quinn, could you please add your name to Thursday?  You will be five!  Who would like to share what they did over the weekend?

Caroline:

I went ice skating!  I actually went skiing, I mean.  I went on a ski rink.  I had to ski down.  I needed a ski instructor because it was my first time.  It was a little scary, and I kept wobbling down.  I also saw Aunt Shelly and Maisie there. 

Gwen:

Last night, I set up a party in my room and I slept with the huge noisy party.  All over my room!  I had a lot of robots in my room.  And more robots.  Even one of my doggie robots slept with me.  It was off.  I was making a bead work at home before I made a bead work with pipe cleaners here.  I made one, I mean two. 

Andie:

At New York, I went skating.  I also had a party at the gingerbread house.  I got a blue-raspberry lollipop.  I got a bunny stuffy. 

Alex:

When I was in the weekend, I was sick.  Well, I had a cold.  I’m feeling better now.  Well, I got everything I wanted.  I got some food, and a couple minutes to play. 

Nathaniel:

Me and my brother went to one of our friend’s house.  She goes to Old Trail, too.  She actually went to Disney on Ice.  Actually she had a dress from it.  Tatum.  We mostly just did a bunch of stuff all over again.  We just did a championship thing- keep yuppy championship!  We just switched back and forth with being dentists and playing keepy-uppy championship.

Ashton:

Last weekend, I goed Christmas.  A t-rex!  You hit this thing really hard and he does a loopy-loop and it goes over him head.  It’s really cool.  It has these X things. 

Troy:

I don’t know what my news was.

T:

Keep thinking!

Naomi:

I made bread.  I got to put it in the oven. 

Forest:

I went sledding.  I went sledding down a hill.  I was at home sledding down the hill.  Maren was at school and Elio… Daddy was pulling Elio in the sled.

Luke:

In the truck, I found a shark.  In Dad’s truck.  It was a toy shark, and we left it.  It was lost.  I have more sharks upstairs in my room.  I have a cage shark.  There is a button and it makes noise and it had red eyes. 

Daniel:

I slept over at my dad’s house.  We went to the library.  I don’t really know what the books were called. 

Quinn:

I went to Sky Zone again!  I was at Sky Zone until it was night.  Wyatt and Colton were there, and I saw Troy there too!

Troy:

I was jumping with my brother.  Me and Colton were going up the slide with foam blocks and we slide in it, and you climb up these little holes.  There is a lot of holes and you go down the slide.

Alexander:

I went to the library.  I read and got eight books. 

Nathaniel:

I went to Sky Zone for a birthday party.  I saw Quinn!

Griffin:

At the Cav’s game, I got Sour Patch Kids.  I got to go to the Cav’s game and look at the Spurs.  There was a really tall guy on the Spurs, he is number 1.  I forget his name.  I got to go to Chick-Fil-A.

Ashton:

Last weekend, I went at this place, and I saw my girlfriends.  The name is called Sky Zone.  They have a slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment