Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

New Jobs and Weekend News!

 We have new jobs!  Camille is the new Leader.  Alex is the Meteorologist.  Naomi is the Book Friend.  Troy is the Counting Friend.  Daniel is the Classroom Manager.  Ashton is the Snack Helper.  Nathaniel is the Lunch Helper and Gwen is the Block Expert.

Griffin counts fourteen friends in our circle.  Forest, Alexander, and Josephine are missing. 

 

T:

We have new jobs!  Did anyone notice something different?  We have a brand new job- the Block Expert.  Do you know what that job might be?

Quinn:

Cleans up the blocks!

Caroline:

He puts them in place.

Griffin:

Makes sure no one is cleaning.

T:

Great ideas!  The Block Expert is someone who will make sure our blocks are put in the right place.  There are pictures on each shelf to show you where the different shapes go.  This person’s job will also be to stand up our People Blocks.  This person will also be helping manage our Stop Signs, and making sure friends are respecting the important signs.

 

Does anyone have any weekend news?  We had three days at home!

Gwen:

I went to Disney on Ice.  I got cotton candy, Swedish Fish, a crown and an Olaf stuffy.  I played a game with Grandma and Jerry.  It sells pets.  I went to… I don’t remember what this place is called, but I got a new Sealy there.

Caroline:

I also went to Disney on Ice.  I was trying to look for you everywhere.  I also got cotton candy.  My mom missed Elsa and Encanto.  I got to hold one of Bruno’s vision puzzle pieces.

Nathaniel:

I actually renovated our house a little bit.  We moved furniture to another place.  We had a big white chair and we moved it into the living room.  We moved our living room chair to our porch room where the white chair was. 

Griffin:

My brother moved his bed to a different space.  I only got to go to Alexander’s birthday party with Quinn and Caroline.  I wanted to play soccer but I couldn’t.  I was going to do it tomorrow, but I had to do the birthday party.  I wanted to play soccer outside.

Alex:

Well, when I was waking up, I got a paper cut.  Today!  Well, I went on vacation to Holiday Valley, but I was planning on staying for two weeks, but everybody got sick and we could only stay for one day.  I threw up. 

Andie:

Connection with Gwen and Caroline!  Disney on Ice!  My favorite part was Frozen.  Every single time it was over, we always had to clap.  There was a kitchen.  In the room.  Also sleeped over with my grandma for thirteen days.  Actually one day.

Naomi:

I played with my brother.  I made more bread. 

Troy:

I just played Nintendo Switch all day long.

Daniel:

I got a haircut.  Teddy and Nicholas too. 

Luke:

We didn’t take our Christmas tree down.  We just took the ornaments.  There was a hat on the tree.  It was a black one.

Ashton:

At my house, I went on vacation to see Grammy and Pappy.  It was over, actually.  I went back home and I opened presents, that’s what I did.  I went to Disney on Ice.  My favorite part was Lightning McQueen.  Mater got frozen!  I saw Olaf.  I saw Mickey Mouse and I love Mickey Mouse.  I saw Pluto.  And Star Wars.  And Woody.

Quinn:

I saved all my presents.  I saved one and do you know what was in it?  A knight costume.  It had real armor! 

Cian:

I forgot.

Gwen:

I went to Alexander’s birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment