Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Cold Day Fun!

 

Troy counts fifteen friends in our circle. We are missing 2 friends today. Nathaniel and Camille are absent today. We sent them our well wishes. Troy writes an “N” on our calendar for Nature.

 

T:

Friends, what did you do on your day off yesterday? It was so cold outside that Mrs. Johnson decided to cancel school. I went to lunch at Winking Lizard with my family.

Ashton:

I was playing board games. I played Disney.

T:

What board games did you play?

Ashton:

Baby Yoda. He so cute.

Alex:

Yesterday, my mom was organizing my pantry, and putting everything in containers and I was helping her, and I was making videos. I used lots of sparkles to put in my video.

Griffin:

I went to a pizza party. Here. My sister made the pizza.

T:

You might be thinking of Monday. What did you do yesterday, when we had a cold day?

Griffin:

Yesterday, my brother growed out of his shoes, and my mom was going to take them out, but I got them.

Caroline:

So, I was doing a craft and I didn’t know I was supposed to put something over it. My mom got me a new one and I was working on it last night. It was gems. They had a sticky thing. You had to peel it off.

Alexander:

Chuck E Cheese!

T:

Did you eat pizza? What game was your favorite?

Alexander:

The fish game.

T:

My favorite is the ski ball! Do you want to tell us about your birthday? How does it feel to be 5?

Alexander:

I went to Urban Air and I got pizza.

T:

What was your favorite present?

Alexander:

The ninja one.

Quinn:

My cousins came over. We went in the new bounce house I got. I was practicing my front kick. And a side kick.

Cian:

I forgot. I can’t remember. T: We will come back to you, Cian!

Daniel:

I played Nintendo Switch. I played my karate game. It was my present from mom that I got for Christmas. Nicholas helped me.

Gwen:

Me and my lamb rided in the car. We went to school. Today.

T:

What did you do on your cold day?

Gwen:

I played bunny with Karen. She tried to find a bunny and she found a robot bunny. We had a huge animal party and she piled up with animals. Me and Karen played tickle race. That’s where someone has to tickle the other person the fastest and the person who wins gets a trophy.

T:

Cian, do you remember what you did? You could share what you ate for lunch, if you played with Sloane… I saw a video of you doing something really cool. You were reading! Do you want to tell your friends about the book?

Cian:

I forgot the cover.

T:

It’s called a Bob book! How did you learn to read?

Cian:

I am learning to read!

Luke:

I didn’t go outside. I played with my sharks.

T:

I wonder if Jasmine will like sharks as much as you do!

Luke:

My sharks have names.

T:

What are their names?

Luke:

Spike. And Bruce. And that’s it.

Forest:

I had a smoothie at home.

Naomi:

I have a connection with Forest. I also had a smoothie. It was strawberry.

Forest:

Mine was strawberry too!

Troy:

All I did was just play around and with my 231 trucks and looked at every phone for something to buy for like 1,000 dollars. I want to finally buy something.

Andie:

Me and Addie finished Encanto. Also, we saw Logan’s video. It was a Lego video. I saw it Griffin.

Josephine:

I don’t know. I was at daddy’s house. T: Did he get his truck fixed? Josephine: Yeah.

Ashton:

I had a smoothie too. It has strawberries and ice cream and sprinkles. I got 2 drinks. I got some sprinkles and some Oreos.  

T:

It kind of sounds like a milkshake!

Ashton:

I put some yummy things. Not healthy foods.

Caroline:

I finished my heart craft.

Alex:

I have a connection with Cian because I have Bob books too.

Luke:

I am going back to see the horses. We went a long time ago. When I went on vacation, I went on an airplane.

Troy:

You know where I am going after school? I am going to Quinn’s house to have a play date.

No comments:

Post a Comment