Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Friday, May 3, 2024

Conversation from yesterday!

  

Troy counts fifteen friends in our circle.  Gwen and Camille are missing.  We wish them well!  He writes “Nature” on our calendar.

 

T:

What words begin with the /r/ sound? 

Griffin:

R-r-r-rder.

Caroline:

Arona.

Andie:

Arona.

Cian:

Rabbit.

Troy:

Helicopter.

Quinn:

Rug.

Josephine:

Water.

T:

I hear the /w/ sound, but I do hear the /r/ sound at the end!

Alex:

Riddle.

Caroline:

Rattle.

Forest:

Ruggy.

Griffin:

Crug.

Daniel:

Ladder.

Ashton:

Snake.  Like a rattlesnake.

T:

Rattlesnake begins with R!

Naomi:

Rotten and run.

Nathaniel:

Run.

T:

I have a double R name!

Caroline:

Mrs. Rich!

Andie:

Rachel!

 

 

T:

I have noticed something outside lately.

Alexander:

Warm!

T:

It has really felt like summer!  In May, the weather gets warm, flowers continue to bloom, trees are getting their leaves… we are getting excited for summer!  What do you enjoy in warm weather?

Quinn:

Going. To. The. Beach. 

Naomi:

In summer, it is my Gigi’s birthday!  On Gigi’s birthday, all the pools open, and me and Meadow get to go to a candy parade.  It is close to Gigi’s house.  You just have to walk into the forest and then you are there.  It is a candy parade.

Andie:

Well, I am going to go to the slime-making place. 

Daniel:

I have a slushie machine and we can make slushies and have them outside!

Caroline:

I am excited to play with water toys and sit in my Paw Patrol chair and play with chalk!  I did that last night!

Andie:

I go swimming.  I go swimming ten times a day.  I just wake up while my dads are still swimming, I get my bathing suit on and I jump in right away!

Luke:

I am going to play soccer!  And t-ball!

Forest:

I play soccer already!  I don’t play t-ball.  I love soccer.  I scored a goal once. 

Alex:

I’m excited because I’m going to summer camp in the summer.  It is my first time doing summer camp. 

Griffin:

I am going to do t-ball too!  In summer.

Nathaniel:

I am the same as Caroline.  Water toys.  And I am also playing basketball.  Theo just started practicing basketball a couple months ago. 

Josephine:

I am going to summer camp!

Ashton:

I like to see butterflies.

Andie:

Why don’t they come out in the winter?

Caroline:

I am also doing t-ball.  Mommy is going to be the coach.

Alexander:

I am going to do t-ball.  I did soccer first.

Quinn:

T-ball.  I’m doing t-ball.

T:

There are so many of you, you could make a team with just Room 103!

Troy:

Guess what my favorite thing is when it is sunny?  Going out to Tomahawk.  My favorite thing is to play on the beach and swim in the water.  And fishing!

Daniel:

One time, a butterfly flew through my house.  I was at my cabin and it was by the cabin.  It was in the backyard.

Troy:

At Tomahawk, guess what I do.  I play with my toys but the couch can transform into a bedroom.  We bring our tablets along.  Mom’s iPad should be coming.  Me and Avery sleep with us in the bunk beds.  I got to sleep in them.  I was really tired.  Guess where we go to eat breakfast?  We go to the breakfast club and I just get desserts!  Guess what I’m not allergic to anymore?  No more tree nut allergic!  Whenever it is tree nuts, we don’t have to worry about tree nuts.

Cian:

I play soccer!  I don’t play with Sloane, she doesn’t do soccer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment