Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

What we are proud of...

 Alex counts sixteen friends in our circle.  Forest is missing.  We wish him well!  She writes “Music” on our calendar.

 

T:

We have five more days left of school!  We have done lots of fun projects.  We’ve played together, we’ve hiked.  We explored the Atelier.  Do you remember Leaf Man?  Who remembers the alphabet we created with Beautiful Stuff?  So many things!  I want to know what your favorite part of the school year was… of all the things you did, what are you most proud of? 

Josephine:

Everything.

Caroline:

I am most proud of our plays.  I’m so proud that we worked really hard.

Andie:

I am really proud of Boxitects.  We worked really hard with the markers and tape.  And Addy is going to Cleveland on a field trip.

Quinn:

Connection with Caroline.

Alex:

I like… I am proud of all of the things that we’ve done.  And how many days we have done until the Plays Premiere.  Actually connection with Caroline.

Cian:

I am proud of everything.  I liked everything!  I liked the pokey balls when we did Leaf Man.

Daniel:

I liked the Boxitects and the ABC Beautiful Stuff.  I liked that we had to look at the letters that were on top of our cubbies- that was cool. 

Camille:

I have a connection with Quinn and Caroline. 

Griffin:

Same as Quinn and Caroline and Camille.  I’m glad Quinn was in it, it was funny!  I am excited for tomorrow.

Nathaniel:

The Plays Project!  That we got to do our own plays.

Troy:

I liked having a symbol.

Camille:

I liked being the Lunch Helper because we get to pick who we want to sit next to.

Daniel:

I liked being the Lunch Helper and the Classroom Manager, because I like that you can pick work time first!  I liked the Lunch Helper, connection with Camille.

Andie:

Classroom Manager.  I don’t get any more jobs.  I probably think that my dad threw away the things in the jobs.  My dad threw that away.

Josephine:

I liked picking work time and being the Lunch Helper and being the line leader! 

Caroline:

I liked being the line leader and the Lunch Helper and the Studio Manager.  We got to pick work time first!

Nathaniel:

Classroom Manager and the Book Friend.  I liked picking the book the teacher was reading.

Alexander:

The Classroom Manager because connection with Daniel.

Quinn:

I liked all of the jobs.

Gwen:

I liked building with boxes and making my little cat in Boxitects.  I remember that!

Luke:

I forgot!

T:

Do you have a favorite job?

Luke:

I liked Classroom Manager because I could pick my symbol first.

Cian:

I liked being the Snack Helper. 

Naomi:

I liked building in the blocks.  I liked building towers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment