Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

OTS Day!

 

 


Luke counts fifteen friends in our circle. We are missing Alexander, our friend counter, and Naomi. We wished them well. Luke writes “OTIS” on our calendar.

 

T:

So, my friends, today is the first ever OTS Day! It is a day to celebrate Old Trail School. Old Trail is a fabulous place. I have been here for a very long time. I have been here almost 19 years. And I have been in Room 103 for all of those years. I love Room 103 for so many reasons. I love the gingko tree that grows and we get to find gingko leaves in the fall. I love hiking to Indigo Lake. Which we will do soon. I love the big window in our classroom where I can see so many children playing. I love all of you. I love all of the students that I have had. So, in honor of the first OTS day EVER, I want you to think about what you love about Old Trail School.

Ashton:

I love my mom comes here and read me a book. I like her very much. I always get donuts and I really like it.

Camille:

I like playing on the playground and I like that we can come in here and I get to see all of us.

Caroline:

I love Otis and I love my teachers and my specials. And when my mom and dad come read a book.

Griffin:

I love when my brother and sister cross my classroom. I like when we make stories and plays. And we do art in here. And we do projects. Art projects. I like when we do our birthdays.

Gwen:

I love when mommy picks me up. I love snuggling my stuffie at rest time.

Luke:

I love playing in the blocks.

Alex:

I love… we have done so many projects and they are really cool.

Quinn:

I like when it’s French toast stick day. And I like when we go out to recess.

Cian:

I like playing at recess and inside and I love my class. And I love you and Miss Kopp. I love everyone.

Daniel:

I like the flagpole over there. I also like that every day I get a hug from Ben when we are going to lunch. And I like when I get a hug from Teddy.

Andie:

I love when we do art at the Atelier. And I love the flagpole over there. And I like when I play at recess with Caroline.

Troy:

Outside. I like the playground.

Josephine:

I like everything. T: Do you have a favorite? Josephine: Playing on the playground.

Nathaniel:

My teachers and specials.

Forest:

I love to play with Luke and Troy.

Miss Kopp:

I love the fact that our classroom has a beautiful view of the National Park that our school is nestled in. Did you know that our school is the only school in the whole country located inside of a national park? I also love that we do the Plays Project! It is one of the coolest projects I have ever done since being a teacher. All of you, of course, also make my experience at Old Trail so much better!  


Click HERE for photos of our first OTS Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment