We
have new jobs this week! The blue team has jobs. Our leader is Camille, our
meteorologist is Nathaniel, our book friend is Troy, our counting friend is
Alex, our classroom manager is Gwen, our snack helper is Naomi, our lunch
helper is Daniel, and our block expert is Ashton. This is our last week we will
have jobs in room 103!
Alex
counts sixteen friends in our circle. Troy
is missing. We wished him well! She
writes “Library” on our calendar.
|
T: |
How
many more days until our big premiere? TWO DAYS! We have talked about this a
lot. We have talked about what it might feel like, what we might wear… now
let’s talk about what it might look like. I have to tell you… our premiere is
not in room 103. It is in a room called the Library Lecture room. It is right
by the library. Do you know how to get to the library? Students: Yeah! T: Do
you think your families will know how to get there? |
|
Caroline: |
My
mom will. |
|
Josephine:
|
My
mom will too. |
|
T: |
Maybe
they won’t remember. How can we help them find their way? |
|
Ashton: |
Make
them follow you. |
|
T: |
I
have to tell you, our job is to stay in here. You will all be picking your
lunches and doing your morning jobs while your parents are making their way
to the premiere. So, they have to find their way. |
|
Alex:
|
We
could make a map and give it to them. |
|
Andie: |
Maybe
Caroline’s mom could be in front and lead everyone. Or Josephine’s. |
|
T: |
What
if they aren’t here when some people arrive and need to find their way? What
if Caroline’s mom is already at the premiere, and Gabe comes in and doesn’t
know where to go? |
|
T:
|
Think
about when you are going somewhere new. What helps you find your way? |
|
Quinn: |
A
map. |
|
Daniel: |
When
you are on your phone and you are driving somewhere, there is an app that
tells you where to go. |
|
Caroline: |
GPS.
|
|
T: |
Well,
Old Trail School is so small, an app with a GPS might not work inside of the
school. So, I drove to hocking hills this weekend. And guess what? I did not have
internet on my phone. *Students gasp* If you take away your phone, how do you
get somewhere? I didn’t even have a map. |
|
Cian: |
A
compass! |
|
T: |
I
didn’t have a compass. |
|
Alexander: |
Binoculars.
|
|
Ashton: |
An
airplane. |
|
Quinn: |
Your
mind. |
|
T: |
I
could have used my mind, but I had never been there before. What could I have
looked for to find where I am going? |
|
Caroline: |
Maybe
you could ask somebody who has been there before and they could tell you
where to go. |
|
T: |
So,
I got to an end of a road, and I saw something that pointed me in the right
direction. |
|
Alex: |
Signs! |
|
T: |
Signs…
raise your hand if you have been in a car and you have seen a sign. |
|
Forest:
|
Maybe
a sign will help you… it will say a road. Maybe like Tree crest Drive. |
|
T: |
If
I saw a sign that said Tree crest Drive, would I know I am going to be at
your house soon? Forest: Yeah. When I was going to Hocking Hills, I saw a sign
that said “Logan.” I knew that my cabin was located in Logan, so I knew I was
almost there! |
|
T: |
So,
what if we made SIGNS? Would that work? |
|
Students: |
Yes! |
|
T: |
So
think about this. What signs do we need to make? |
|
Gwen: |
Arrows!
|
|
T: |
We
are going to have to really be thinking about the direction the arrows are
pointing. Should the arrows be pointing this way? No… we don’t want to lead
them to the parking lot! |
|
Naomi:
|
Please
go this way. |
|
Josephine: |
Please
go this way. |
|
Caroline:
|
Please
go down here. |
|
Camille: |
Please
go left. |
|
Griffin: |
Go
up. |
|
T: |
They
might get lost if they go up, that’s where preschool 1 is located. |
|
Daniel: |
The
sign could also say, “This way to the plays premiere.” |
|
Cian: |
Maybe
“go this way, Mamma, this way to the plays premiere.” |
|
Alex: |
We
could make maps for them to follow. We could make stop signs if they shouldn’t
go a certain way. |
|
T:
|
Today,
in the studio, we are going to begin making signs for our premiere. Now, we
want to hear what fun things you all did over the long weekend! |
|
Quinn: |
I
was walking down the hill and I saw a police man. I got to go in the car and
ring the siren. |
|
Daniel: |
The
past few weekends, I slept at my dad’s house. I found my stuffie that I
brought to his house. I lost it and then I found it. |
|
Josephine: |
I
am having a play date with Camille today. |
|
Caroline: |
I
am going to have ice cream with all my dance friends because it’s the end of
dance. |
|
Griffin: |
I
went to the pool. And I had 2 popsicles. And I watched my iPad. |
|
Alex: |
I
had 5 weekends. I lost my power. I couldn’t watch my TV show on my iPad. Then
the cable company came. I also got to see a movie. It was imaginary friends. |
|
Andie: |
Today,
all of my butterflies hatched. |
|
T: |
So
did ours! Connection! |
|
Luke: |
Someone
comed over to sleep over. It was Angelina. She is sleeping over for 5 days. |
|
Naomi: |
I
went into a real parade. I threw candy. I was on a tow truck in the back of
it. I was throwing candy to other people. |
|
Alexander: |
I
went to a parade too. I got flags. |
|
Ashton: |
I
got donuts for you guys and for me. I went somewhere with my family. We went
in the pool. I saw things down in the deep. |
|
Camille:
|
I
went to Florida. I also got my nails done. We played in the pool and daddy
and me went to go catch some fish. We caught some catfish. And then we went
to go take a nap and daddy let me stay up a little bit long. My mom wanted to
get her nails done but we didn’t have time. |
|
Nathaniel: |
I
went to Columbus to see my 2-year-old cousins. We gave them something from
Lego Land. |
|
Gwen: |
I
got ice cream with Karen and I got the cotton candy one and I am going to be
picked up by Karen again and I am going to play hide and seek again. |
|
Forest: |
I
went to Nana and Papa’s house yesterday. I played in the basement. |
|
Cian: |
I
went to my grandma and grandpa’s. We fished! T: Did you catch anything? Cian:
Yes. One kind. They had spikes on the top on their back. Not on their belly. |
No comments:
Post a Comment