Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Friday, May 24, 2024

Long Weekend Plans...

 Griffin counts fourteen friends in our circle.  Alex, Camille and Cian are missing.  We wish them well!  He writes “Science” on our calendar.

 

T:

We have a long weekend ahead.  Does anyone know why we don’t have school on Monday?

Caroline:

Because it is a home day.

Quinn:

Because it is so nice out.

Naomi:

It is a holiday.

Daniel:

I’m going to be with my dad.

T:

It is Memorial Day! 

Caroline:

I am going to go outside and play with my dad and I will play balls on the stairs.  I think I’m mostly going to ride a scooter down the hill.

Daniel:

I’m going to my dad’s for three nights and he will take me to the pool.

Andie:

We forgot to sing the Wish You Well song! 

Josephine:

I am riding my scooter across the street.

Griffin:

I’m going to ride my scooter.  I am going to watch my iPad.  I’m going to play a football game.  I want to go to the zoo today, but I don’t want to.  On my birthday, I skipped Goldfish yesterday.  Mom forgot my clothes!

Josephine:

I am watching my iPad, too.

Caroline:

I’m going to drop gift bags for my new neighbors.  One kid is close to my age at four and a half.  100% we will be friends.  We have the same water table!

Gwen:

Karen is picking me up.  I got it mixed up yesterday.  What I said yesterday in our meeting.  We will play hide-and-seek and she will drive me.  We will play peek-a-boo and “Ice Cream Shop,” and go to Pav’s.  I will go on Karen’s slip-n-slide.

Nathaniel:

I am going to Columbus to see my cousins.  I’m not sure what we will do yet. 

Alexander:

I don’t know yet.

Troy:

Guess what I’m going to do after school today… slip-n-slide!!  Colton too.

Naomi:

I don’t know. 

Forest:

Nana is picking me up! 

Luke:

I’m going somewhere fun!  I am going at a park with Nathaniel.  Nathaniel’s mom said there are a lot of slides there. 

Andie:

Addy is going to do a slip-n-slide at school today!  I’m going swimming.  Also I am going to keep building my Lego set.  I only have one thing done.  It is hard.  Also I am going to play in the playroom and build my roller skate Lego set.  I am going to see if my butterflies hatched.  I already checked on them this morning.

Quinn:

My brother is doing a slip-n-slide too!  I am going to get the shark bounce house out again, and in the summer I’m going to Sky Zone.

Ashton:

My birthday.

Caroline:

This weekend I’m going to go to Safety Town.  It tells you about the laws. 

No comments:

Post a Comment