Griffin counts fourteen
friends in our circle. Camille,
Josephine, and Naomi are missing. We wished them well. He writes
“Kindness” on our calendar.
|
So,
friends, today was our last mission morning of the school year. We were able
to spread so much kindness today! What do you think will happen with our rocks?
|
|
|
Andie:
|
The
people who find them get to keep them. |
|
T: |
What
would happen if Mr. Vogel was walking down the hall and found a rock? How do
you think it would make him feel? |
|
Caroline: |
He
would be happy. |
|
Troy: |
What
If someone was walking down the hall and found all the rocks. Like every
single one. T: That person would be very lucky. |
|
Alex: |
I
put mine under the table where you usually sit in the music room. |
|
Cian: |
I
put mine by the art wall in the hallway. By Mrs. Smith’s room. |
|
Caroline: |
I
put it by the coffee machine! T: That will really make a faculty member
smile! |
|
Griffin: |
I
hid one of mine in my sister’s locker. And under the books. |
|
Daniel: |
In
the library, I hit it under one of the books. Miss Kopp: Connection! I did
that too. |
|
Andie:
|
I
hid mine under the black fan in the music room. |
|
Troy: |
Mine
is somewhere super hidden. In the secret room, in the secret door. I hid it
all the way down. |
|
Quinn:
|
I
hid mine in the music room! |
|
Forest: |
I
put it inside a boot! T: Someone in 2nd grade is going to go put
on a boot for nature and they are going to say, “What in the world!” And they
will find your rock. |
|
Luke: |
I
put mine under a window. Upstairs. |
|
Alexander:
|
I
put mine in the music room. T: The music room was a popular place! |
|
Nathaniel: |
I
put mine by a basketball. In the third-grade hallway. By Theo’s classroom! |
|
Gwen: |
T:
Gwen, I heard you were on a mission to put yours in a very specific place…
Gwen: Yes, the watering can next to Otis! |
|
T: |
I
put mine very close to Gwen’s! On Ira’s bicycle seat. I bet when we go to
lunch, some of the rocks we hid will not be there anymore. Why do you think
that is? |
|
Caroline: |
People
might find them and take them and maybe they might make rocks for us. |
|
T: |
Yes,
that is the purpose. We want people around the building to find them and
hopefully feel happy after reading the message on them. Alexander just asked
a question- he wondered what was on the window seat. |
|
Quinn:
|
We
are growing pumpkins. We put soil in and put 4 seeds in and covered it up and
we have to water it. |
|
Forest:
|
We
have to put pumpkin seeds in the pumpkins so they can grow. |
|
Alex: |
I
know what a pumpkin seed looks like. It looks kind of like a flower petal. |
|
Quinn: |
It
actually looks like a raindrop. It’s just a different color. |
|
T: |
What
do you think goes on under that soil? |
|
Griffin:
|
Bugs.
When you get dirt, bugs like dirt. |
|
Nathaniel: |
It
will grow a pumpkin. Sun, air, water grows a sapling, and the sapling grows. |
|
Troy: |
One
time I found a wormy at the playground. |
|
T: |
What
is going to happen under the soil? |
|
Caroline: |
It
needs some water and sunlight and a few days to grow. |
|
T: |
Will
we have a pumpkin tomorrow? |
|
Alex: |
I
think the seeds are going to combine and is going to grow into a big pumpkin
and maybe we can make some pumpkin pie. |
|
Caroline: |
It
also needs some rain so we will need to put water on it. |
|
T: |
So
friends, I have some news about these pumpkins. We are not going to have a
pumpkin any time soon. You are going to be able to take these home and plant
them. You will have to wait all summer long for a pumpkin to grow. Why do you
think it takes so long for it to grow? |
|
Ashton: |
You
plant it and it makes a pumpkin. |
|
Cian: |
You
need air, time, water, dirt, and worms and good care for it to work. The stem
can’t get broken or else it will die. |
|
T: |
How
do you think pumpkins get water? |
|
Andie: |
A
watering can. |
|
Caroline: |
The
water soaks in the soil. |
|
T: |
The
water soaks into a plant through a vine. If the vine gets broken, it doesn’t
get any water! You will have to take care of them all summer long. Last
summer, something really sad happened to my pumpkins. The deer were hungry
and ate them! |
|
Andie: |
One
time my grandma and papa had a pumpkin and the deers and birds ate the
pumpkin because that’s their favorite food. |
|
Forest: |
We
have lots of trees on my road. Do deers like trees? |
|
Alex: |
Can
you catch deer? |
|
T: |
Deer
are wild animals, and they like to live in nature. I don’t think many people
have a deer as a pet. |
|
Caroline: |
Animals
ate my strawberries. |
|
Gwen: |
Once
a pumpkin we got from Szalay’s rotted. |
|
T: |
When
we go to our Sonic spots, we are going to watch a video of the life cycle of
pumpkins! |
No comments:
Post a Comment