Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Alexander shares his Marvelous Me Book!

 


Alexander:

I am (holds up four fingers).  This was when I was born.  I have Legos at my house.  So much!  I have a Batman one.  I am at the park.  I am in Ohio.  I play with my neighbors.  They are older.  I was an astronaut.  I am riding a sled.  I am jumping in Styrofoam.  That is the Grinch and Mommy.  My mom and dad.  Charlotte.  I remember in corn.  That is my Jeep, too.  That was for the corn.  That is my first… I don’t know.  I am a fireman.  I am being Batman this year.  That is my first parade.  That is my first binoculars.  I have two, but I don’t know where the other pair is.  That is Mickey Mouse.  That is a camel.  I was in Florida.  This is swimming lessons.  That is at gymnastics and that is a hotel.  I was at a hotel.  It was a lodge.  I was ice skating with Daddy.  I was a pirate and I still have it.  That is when Charlotte was bigger.  I am four now.  I am at the beach.  I was in Florida two times.  I was at the carnival and the bubble show.  It was Paw Patrol.

T:

Who has questions or comments for Alexander’s Marvelous Me Book?

Caroline:

Did you know actually in Alexander’s picture, did you see the height ice cream cone?  I actually went there! 

Ashton:

Do you love dinosaurs?

Alexander:

Yes!  I have them at my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment