Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Monday, September 11, 2023

First week of Classroom Jobs!

 

 

Caroline counts fifteen friends in our circle.  Naomi and Alexander are missing- we wish them well! We put their pictures inside the Wish You Well heart.  Caroline writes “Art” on our calendar. We have art studio today!

 

T:

Good morning, friends, happy first Monday of the school year! We have new jobs this week! The green team is going to have jobs this week. Next week, the blue team will have jobs.

 

Josephine: Leader (Leads the line when we travel in the building)

Andie: Meteorologist

Griffin: Book Friend

Caroline: Counting Friend

Alexander: Classroom Manager

Forest and Quinn: Snack Helpers

Luke: Lunch Helper

Cian: Studio Manager

 

Camille:

We did crafts and I played with my baby sister and we read some Frozen books.

 

Ashton:

T: Ashton, who did you see this weekend? Did you see anyone from school? I see you! At gymnastics! T: Yes, I was watching my daughter Abby, and Ashton was watching his brother, Joshua.

Caroline:

I went to Grandma’s house and I also went to the playground with her. There are two playgrounds at the same playground. I also went to the bakery. I got cookies. Daddy didn’t even eat the cookie dough even though he loves cookie dough.

Daniel:

Teddy and I shared a room but we didn’t sleep in the same bed. Also, my bed is the same as Nicholas’s. I got two new video games. One was about Mario and one of them a rabbit has to save a cat because the cat is his brother.

Troy:

I played with my truck. My big truck with a trailer and it was so fun to play with. I love those toys. I love the big one even more. I went to the fair. It was really cool. The army ones were not for sale because those ones were really old. Only the nice trucks are for sale. And I also saw a toy tent there with a bunch of toys in there. And I picked out one truck. It was my truck that I played with.

 

Luke:

Michael swung the shark kite really high. And there was a butterfly kite and it didn’t work and it lost a piece. And we went to the horses and we fed them.

Alex

I don’t remember.

Cian:

I played with my blocks. Dad built the deck all by himself. I went to Grandma’s house. That’s all.

Nathaniel:

We saw the blimps two times.

 

Quinn:

T: Quinn, did you go to the fair too? Quinn: Yeah. I saw a firetruck and a policeman. T: Did you eat anything at the fair? Quinn: Cotton candy.

Gwen:

Me and mom played a game kitty chase dog. It’s a game where a kitty chases a dog’s tail.

Griffin:

I went to Montana. T: This weekend? Griffin: Not this weekend. Tomorrow I have Goldfish. I don’t know what else.

Forest:

T: How was your weekend? Good. T: What did you do? Forest: I don’t know.

Ashton:

Last weekend I think I wore a Mickey Mouse shirt.

Andie:

I actually eat bagels with butter for breakfast and I also went to two new houses and there was a beach there with my grandma and papa and I went roller skating. I also fell in the garage on my scooter.

Josephine:

T: Josephine, what did you do this weekend? Josephine: I don’t know.

 

T:

Friends, I have a super important announcement. Tomorrow is our first day of swim class. You are going to pick your lunch, turn in your folder, and maybe play a little bit. After that, we are going to go down to the locker room to get ready for swim. Raise your hand if you have ever seen the Old Trail pool. Today, we are going to see what the locker room looks like. Swim is going to be so much fun!

 

T:

We also have something starting today… we have our very first celebration! Daniel’s committee will be joining me in the art studio today to interview Daniel and find out what he would like us to make for him for his big celebration day. Does anyone have any questions?  

 

Caroline:

I really like that I can draw my name.

Alex:

I don’t know how to change into a bathing suit.

T:

Do you know that Mrs. Rich, Miss Kopp and all the swim teachers will be there to help you? That was a great question.

Daniel:

Is the water cold?

T:

It’s not hot, it’s not cold, but it will feel refreshing.

T:

They put something in the pool called a platform that will allow you to be able to stand up in the pool. It will be very shallow.

Daniel:

What does shallow mean?

T:

It means your head it above the water and you can touch the ground!

Camille:

When we were at Florida I was using a pool noodle.

T:

It is time for us to do the weather over at our smartboard spots. Andie is our meteorologist. Andie, could come up please? I am going to pull something up called the weather station. Andie, do you know what this number is?  

Andie:

6-1. I see clouds and sun.

T: That means it is partly cloudy outside! Next, we need to decide what we need for the playground today. What do you think, Andie? A hat? Shorts? A jacket?

 

We decided we can wear shorts, a t-shirt, and maybe a jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment