Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Thursday, September 21, 2023

What's on your mind?

 

 

Daniel counts sixteen friends in our circle.  Camille is missing. She is spending the day with her family. We wish her well!  Daniel writes “N” on our calendar for Nature.

 

T:

I want to know what is on your mind today. What are you thinking about? Did you see something on the way to school? Did you have something yummy for breakfast? Did you do something fun at home last night?

Gwen:

My mom forgot to buy pretzels and she also forgot to buy something else.

Forest:

I help my mom go shopping all day.

T:

I bet she likes your help!

Forest:

She doesn’t forget all the stuff cause I help her.

Alex:

Last night my dad made popcorn and it popped off the lid.

T:

Did you watch a movie with your popcorn?

Alex:

Yeah, I watched a movie about talking birds. They were going to the amazon.

Caroline:

I saw a missing poster of a cat. Did anyone notice?

T:

Cats and dogs and even horses go missing all the time. Where do you think the cat is?

Caroline:

I don’t know. I think a stranger put him in jail. Maybe the cat was trying to scratch him.

T:

I heard there was a missing cow in Peninsula on the loose. What do you think the cow was doing that made him escape?

Andie:

The cow’s plan was he was hungry, and he had to go get some um… I saw the cow was walking across the street and he was hungry so he went to get hay.

Griffin:

He was hungry so he wanted to go to Chick Fil A and eat.

Cian:

At night he wanted to get out. He wants to eat all the grass.

T:

Do cows sleep?

Cian:

Yeah.

Alex:

I think it was up to going on vacation with my mom today. To Florida!

 


Alexander:

I think he was going to Florida. 

Caroline:

I actually think that there wasn’t any baby cows and he wanted to find them.

Troy:

I saw two signs on the way to school. It said missing tractors and missing diggers.

Griffin:

One time, I skipped level 2 at Goldfish. And, one time I got root beer soda with my brother.  

Luke:

My mom and dad took me to something… I flied a shark kite to see the horses. There was a cobweb, it was very high up there. It was like that big. It had like these spikey webs on it. I saw a hole last night and it was really big and it stomped. It was a dinosaur footprint.

Ashton:

The cow is going on Disney rides.

T:

Do you think the cow would fit? Would he be patient waiting in line?

Ashton:

Yes.

T:

That would be really funny to see a cow on Space Mountain or the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!

Caroline:

I went to Cedar Point with Andie and Addie.

Naomi:

I went to Cedar Point with Meadow. I went on a really fast ride. We got to do it two times.

Andie:

I went on a roller coaster at the fair and it was super fast and I went on a trip on vacation and I saw a missing cat too.

Josephine:

I had eggs this morning.

Ashton:

On vacation, I saw a cow on vacation too. It was going somewhere.

Nathaniel:

There’s a cobweb hanging from the ceiling in our renovating kitchen.

Gwen:

Well, somehow moths keep getting into our house.

T:

What do you do with them when they get in?

Gwen:

My mom put one in the drain. We also had a spider that crawled right from the basement stairs up to our living room. When I was getting dressed for school, my mom saw a moth under the soap jar!

Alex:

I think all the missing cats and dogs are going on vacation.

Daniel:

Um, yesterday I got to watch my big brother do a race and I also made it past a level on Mario and I just need one more level to win.

T:

Daniel’s brother, Ben, runs a race on a path and he did a great job yesterday!








No comments:

Post a Comment