Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Sharing News and an Introduction to Miss Buzzi

 Today is Wednesday, September 6.  We have Music!  We will walk down to the Music Room and meet Miss Seigfried.  There are sixteen friends in our circle.  Naomi is on vacation- we wish her well!

 

T:

Who has news to share today?  What is on your mind?

Caroline:

I actually love swimming!  I love swimming at Andie and Addie’s house. 

Daniel:

I had a dream about a robot eating and attacking me. 

Troy:

For Christmas, when Santa comes, I am going to be getting a cargo train and there’s gonna be a barge coming in it and it will be SO TRAIN-ISH.  I’m going to build it up and two little dump trucks will be in it.  It will have a three-wheeler cargo train with a little cart.  It will be so cool.  I can’t wait to get that.

Cian:

In my mind, we already had a bad day.  Sloany had a bad day, and she didn’t make friends.

T:

How can we help her?  Do you have ideas of how to make friends?

Cian:

You talk to people and you make friends.

Luke:

I played at Emmy’s house.  She is my cousin.  I played in Emmy’s front yard with the playground.  And there’s a bug right there.

Alex:

I have a cousin named Emily, too!  it is a different Emmy.  I play with her when it was the holiday weekend.  I went in the night and I stayed there.  There is someone living there for ten years! 

Quinn:

I ate spiders.  I eat spiders every single day.

Troy:

I ate spiders for breakfast.

Camille:

When we were at South Carolina and the crab died and got picked apart by the ants, my baby sister was born before that.  She was having a blast.  She was like “I want to swim in the water!”  That little girl named Brynlee wanted to play with sandcastles and the sand toys.

Ashton:

I thought of the pretzels in my bag. 

Caroline:

I ate spiders for breakfast, too.

Nathaniel:

I used to take swim lessons at the JCC. 

Gwen:

Well, me and my mom played “Hop the Bunny Race.”  It is a game.

Griffin:

On the other day, yesterday, I did Goldfish.  And I went to Montana, I got this shirt.  Yellowstone is in Montana.

Cian:

Sloan has a friend named Brynlee, too.  We met at a birthday party.  Sloany did! 

Caroline:

You can make friends by doing good or bad things.  Like sharing with them, share with the toys. 

T:

You were a good friend this morning when a friend was upset.  You offered your Kinetic Sand to them to help.  It worked!

Daniel:

I ate spiders for breakfast. 

Luke:

I had spiders for breakfast.

Alexander:

I like spiders.

Andie:

One time, when my grandma and Papa were here and Nathan went to a meeting, we had to play with Papa.  I also went to a new vacation house and I saw the beach down below the pool.  I jumped in the pool first and then I went to the beach with my sister.  I also played with a beachball with Papa.  I actually did something.  I did something surprise!  I had a pool party with all my friends!  Do you know what bathing suit I wore for the party?  My Ariel one.  Nathan bought me the Ariel one.

 

 

Dear families,

My name is Natalie Buzzi, and I am thrilled to be joining your child’s classroom for my field experience this semester, from September 5th to December 7th. Let me share a bit about myself:

I am a junior at Kent State University, pursuing my dream of becoming a teacher. I have a passion for drawing and painting in my free time, and I also enjoy spending quality time with family and friends. Traveling is another thing I love to do! Before this experience, I worked at a

daycare for three years, which deepened my commitment to working with children. My mom was also a teacher, and I’ve always looked up to her, which has inspired my journey to become a teacher.

I am so excited to embark on this journey with your children and look forward to a wonderful, enriching experience in this classroom.

Warm regards,

Natalie Buzzi

No comments:

Post a Comment