Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Monday, September 25, 2023

Weekend News

 We have new jobs!  Cian is the Leader.  Griffin is the Meteorologist.  Caroline is the Book Friend.  Quinn is the Counting Friend.  Forest is the Classroom Manager.  Josephine and Alexander are the Snack Helpers.  Andie is the Lunch Helper and the Studio Manager is Luke.

Quinn counts sixteen friends in our circle.  Alex is missing.  We wish her well!  He writes “A” on our calendar for Art.

 

T:

How was your weekend?  What did you do on our days at home?

Caroline:

So, I didn’t see Gwen at the Coco movie.  I had popcorn, and we also put on stickers that have faces on them.  They don’t keep all bugs away, they just keep beetles away from me.

Luke:

I played with my gun at my house.  You gotta look through the hole and then you shoot and then you pull it back and then you pull back and then shoot!  Papa was there and he played with me.  I hurt my knee and it was drying.  I went back inside and Uncle Chad was coming over.  Michael and Andrew comed there.  I have a shark costume at my house!  It is a Bruce one! 

Griffin:

I went to the movie night, but not tonight.  I went to Coco.  She was there.  Caroline was sitting on Andie’s blanket.  I already know them. 

Troy:

Luke is going to be so excited about something.  I think I have a huge shark toy that comes with a shark and a Hotwheel inside.

Luke:

I’m going to have a big cruise ship in my pool.  It will be this big!  Huge!  They are going to fix the pool.  We are going to put the big cruise ship in there.

Andie:

I was at the movie and I saw my grandma and papa.  I went to my house with Nora, my cousin.  I also saw my sister.  The dock was this high.  There was a lake under the dock.  It was a fence dock.  I also played with my toys.  Two stairs, upstairs and downstairs there is even a swimming pool downstairs in the basement.  There is even an American Girl Doll pool and we even bought an American Girl Doll.  I got food and a cup and drink and I also got some ice cream and popsicles for the American Girl Dolls.  I also went to the beach and there was a beach by it.  We had to go on a little boat. 

Gwen:

Today I watched Chip and Potato.  It is a funny Chip and Potato show.  I also, my mom also cleaned my ears. 

Daniel:

I went to Lakeside yesterday.  Today I watched the Sonic Movie 5. 

Naomi:

I went to the Coco movie and I went to Meadow’s birthday again. 

Ashton:

I eat my food.  I eat a banana.  I eat yogurt.  I eat juice.  Orange juice.

Camille:

I was awake.  This was yesterday.  We were in her playpen, and we were playing together.  She wanted to have some food and I asked my mommy if I could give her some so I gave her a banana.  When we go to gymnastics together we get to go jump on trampolines and we pull our knees up.  there are girls who do that.  For some reason, I don’t know why there’s another room for big kids.  There is a pit for foam balls. 

Alexander:

I played hide-and-seek with my mom.

Griffin:

I watched Storybots today.

Nathaniel:

I put my Halloween decorations up.  I have a spider from Bumpa’s house. 

Cian:

I forgot.

Quinn:

I put my Halloween decorations up, too.  My favorite is a bat.  You can wear it.  Just the bat wings.

Josephine:

I played with my dog.  Cora.  I went to Coco and I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment