Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Monday, October 23, 2023

New Jobs and Long Weekend News...

 We have new jobs!  Quinn is the Leader.  Caroline is the Meteorologist.  Andie is the Book Friend.  Cian is the Counting Friend.  Griffin is the Classroom Manager.  Luke and Alexander are the Snack Helpers.  Forest is the Lunch Helper and Josephine is the Studio Manager.

 

Cian counts fifteen friends in our circle.  Camille and Quinn are missing.  He writes “A” on our calendar for Art.

 

T:

We have many who start with A in our class.

Andie:

Ashton and Alex!

T:

And…

Andie:

Andie!

T:

I hope you enjoyed your long weekend!  Who would like to share what you did on your three days at home?

Gwen:

I just layed in bed with my mom. 

Griffin:

I played Playmobil on my way to school.  It is a toy. 

Caroline:

Me and Grandma made a pumpkin but we didn’t finish it.  We used stickers and we didn’t get to finish.  Mommy and Daddy were somewhere in the neighborhood.  Dinner for grown-ups only. 

Andie:

I played with Grandma and Papa and guess who else came!  Nora!  Even I did with Nora is playing Santa games.  Do you know what the Santa game is?  You have to go to sleep and Santa says “Ho, ho, ho!” Then the bear comes and chases us.

Luke:

I carved a pumpkin and my mom made it like a shark!  It was on her phone and I wanted that one!  Then we made a baby pumpkin.  I was making Papa in my mixing bowl I made a smoothie.  It was strawberry.  I went on an airplane and it was about to land that time when it landed it had to fix its tires.  I watched them when we were at the airport.  Papa taked us to the airport and then we went on our hotel where we went fishing.  We went in the pool and I went under by myself and I jumped in.

Troy:

In the nighttime we were watching a movie, and Mama printed a truck picture.  She traced my skid steer toy on the flatbed.  I have one more thing.  One time, at Florida, I played in the sand.  We went there only one time.  We only went to Disney World one time too.

Nathaniel:

I went to Ramseyer Farms for Theo’s friend’s birthday parties.  We picked pumpkins.  I haven’t carved it yet.

Alex:

So on Sunday I went to swimming I think.  One time I went to two birthday parties.  One day I don’t quite remember.

Naomi:

I played with Cole. 

Ashton:

Nothing.  Nope.

Forest:

I was playing with my train. 

Alexander:

I went to Hale Farm.  I played in the corn. 

Daniel:

Nicholas’ friends came over to sleep over and I slept on the couch.  It was comfortable! 

Caroline:

Actually, I went to Ramseyer Farms with Alexander and Griffin!  I also went in the corn pit with them, too!

Josephine:

I don’t know.

T:

I heard you were dancing…

Josephine:

At a wedding!  I wore a fancy dress.  I had fun.

Griffin:

I went to a golf club and I went to Hale Farm.  I saw Caroline first.

Daniel:

I watched the whole movie of Hocus Pocus!

Troy:

This is so fun!  I went to Ramseyer Farm one day and I saw a toy tractor that I really wanted.  It was in a box with two trailers and one tractor.  My bigger box was from Amazon.  That was my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment