Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

New Jobs and Weekend News!

 We have new jobs!  Griffin is the Leader.  Luke is the Meteorologist.  Cian is the Book Friend.  Josephine is the Counting Friend.  Andie is the Classroom Manager.  Caroline and Forest are the Snack Helpers.  Alexander is the Lunch Helper and Quinn is the Studio Manager.

Josephine counts fourteen friends in our circle.  Luke, Caroline and Gwen are missing.  We wish them well!  She writes an “S” on our calendar for Swim.

 

T:

We had four days at home!  I hope you enjoyed your extra days.  Who would like to share what they did?

Josephine:

I played!  I played with my dogs. 

Daniel:

Over the weekend, I went to the corn maze at Szalay’s.  I also got slushies at Szalay’s.  My cousins went to my house and went in the corn maze with me and also slept over at my house. 

Forest:

I don’t know what I’m going to do when I get home.  I played with my sister and brother, kind of.

Camille:

So when it was Grandma’s birthday, we went on a train ride.  That was the day before we went to the circus.  I saw Malik!  I was really surprised to find him there!  I also saw some other kids.  They also had glow-in-the-dark toys and one of them was a toy that shoots things out of the side of it when it spins around.  I also got a star glow-in-the-dark sword with a crystal ball on the bottom.  It makes circle dots that light up.  The last thing we got was a bubble sword.  The part that was on that part of it lights up with sparkles.  There was also another part that makes bubbles.  The people who were doing it were dressed up in shiny gymnastics suits.  Two other girls hung on rings!  They were doing beautiful tricks.

Ashton:

I played with my light sabers.  They glow!  They glow in the dark.

Alex:

I went to Café-O-Play! 

Griffin:

I played with my brother when I was gone.  I played all by myself a little bit, with my zoo.  I made some of the animals all by myself.

Cian:

I went to a corn maze and a hay maze!  There were a lot of toys and a lot of pigs.  I ride the hay maze and Sloany and me went on a hay ride on a tractor! 

T:

You learned how to do something this weekend!

Cian:

I rode on two wheels!

T:

Great accomplishment!

Nathaniel:

I went to Disney World.  My favorite ride was Peter Pan.  I rode it three times!  At the end, we saw Tinkerbell’s pixie dust.  That was the first time we went on it!  My brother got milk and the packaging on it had Mickey!  We went to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.  There were statues of Daisy, Donald, Mickey, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Goofy.  Walt Disney was in a statue with Mickey. 

Troy:

I got to go somewhere so cool!  It was like amazing.  It was so gigantic.  There were so many real tractors.  I even saw a combine!  It was so cool.  I got a really cool toy.  It was a harvester on a flatbed.  I also got a truck.  It was a fifth-wheel trailer.

Alexander:

I ride on two wheels, too!

T:

Amazing!!

Alexander:

My bike is silver. 

Andie:

I went to the circus, too!  It was just a movie.  I got cotton candy.  There was something on top of it.  It was a clown hat!  With rainbow hair.  I also went to the play with Caroline and it was actually a show.  Another show!  It was a play.  The play was actually Tinkerbell.

Naomi:

I went to Café-O-Play two times!  I went one with my cousin and one with my friend. 

Quinn:

I once had to drive a one-wheel bike. 

T:

That’s called a unicycle!  You are talented!

Camille:

At the circus, there was a guy who was riding a really tall bike.  It was the world’s tallest unicycle.

Ashton:

I got a scooter.  I ride it down the hill, and I went super fast.  I stop it.  With my feet.

Troy:

I went to Barnes and Noble.  I got the coolest toy ever.  It was a big rig carrying a boat.  It made sounds, so it needs batteries to make the sounds.

Griffin:

I saw Caroline at a farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment