Gwen
counts sixteen friends in our circle. Forest
is missing. We wish him well! She writes “S” and “L” on our calendar for swim
and science.
T: So,
my friends, today is HALLOWEEN! What is Halloween?
Quinn: You
get candy.
Naomi: It’s
when you get candy to eat.
Griffin: It’s when you get your costume on and you get so much candy.
Andie: It’s
when you go trick or treating and you get lots and lots and lots of candy. With
your brothers and sisters.
Caroline: It’s when you decorate and dress in costumes for Halloween.
Ashton: You go trick or treat and wear costumes.
T: What is trick or treating?
Gwen: You
get candy and your family follows you and you get costumes and you go to every
house in your neighborhood.
T: EVERY
house? Every house has candy?!
Luke: You
put your costume on and your mom and dad follow you. To people’s houses.
Daniel: Um, when I trick or treated last year, I went to every house in
my neighborhood.
T: In one night? Do you know everyone? Do
you have dinner there?
Daniel: I have dinner before I go trick or treating.
Naomi: It’s
a month where you trick or treat and you get lots of candy with your friends
and family.
Andie: Your
mom and dad follow you. You put it in a huge bucket. There is trick or treating
people. Like Mrs. DiTirro and stuff.
T: Like,
the Halloween Hullabaloo?
Cian:
You go around the block and your
mom and dad come with you.
T: So, is the candy just like, falling out
of the sky?
Cian: No, no let me tell you. They put it in a
little basket. You get one or two.
Camille: You drive around for a little bit and you drive to some houses
for candy and then once you do you drive more and more and get more candy.
T: You just take it? Like stealing it?
Ashton: Me say thank you.
Camille: Sometimes they leave a basket out there with a number of candy you
can get. Sometimes it says take 2. But if it doesn’t have a number you can take
however many you want.
Griffin: Um, you walk and you go to someone’s house.
T: Do you know this person?
Griffin: Yeah. You get your candy bag, you get a couple pieces and then
you go back home, and after dinner you can eat one.
Caroline: You can drive or walk. If the house is too far you can just drive and
if it’s close then you an walk to it. You can ring the doorbell and they just give
you candy.
T: So, if I am busy tonight, I can just go
on any day and ring doorbells and get candy? Like
in the summer?
Griffin: Yeah.
Tory: One time, in my little wagon when I was
trick or treating I was just eating a whole bunch of yummy candy.
Nathaniel: It’s hard to explain.
T: I
am just still so confused. I don’t live in a neighborhood, but I am thinking of
my mom’s neighborhood… she doesn’t know everyone.
Alexander: You say trick or treat and you say thank you.
T: What if the person chooses trick? What
happens then?
Caroline: You run. For a example, if they shooted a water gun at me then I
would run and I wouldn’t even have my bathing suit on.
Naomi: It’s
when you spend time with your family.
T: So, I need to have my whole family with me.
Naomi: Sometimes
they say you can only get two or one. If you say trick or treat they will give
you some.
Ashton: Some of them are haunted.
T: I think I might have to stay home
tonight. I don’t like haunted houses. Josephine, are you going trick or treating?
Josephine: Yeah.
T: So,
should I be ready for just anyone to come to my house and ring my doorbell
tonight? I have pickles.
Gwen: Pickles
aren’t a treat Mrs. Rich.
T: I think pickles are a delicious treat. I
could just put a bunch in a bowl and hand it out.
Camille: Well, your parents know the people. And if they say you can go
up and get candy than you can.
Daniel: If you say trick or treat, they will give you candy. But if you
say GIVE ME GIVE ME! They won’t.
T: Raise your hand if you have ever gone
trick or treating. Now, let me ask you this… have you ever been tricked while
trick or treating?
Gwen: Me!
They gave me candy and gave me a trick.
Quinn: Me.
They picked me up and throwed me.
No comments:
Post a Comment