Troy
Committee
Members:
Nathaniel,
Alexander, Josephine and Griffin
|
Troy
chose you to be on his Celebration Committee!
Our job is to find out what Troy would like us to make! Does anyone have any ideas? |
|
|
Josephine: |
Maybe
a truck! Troy likes trucks. |
|
Griffin: |
Ninja
kids! |
|
Troy: |
No,
thank you. |
|
Nathaniel: |
A
construction vehicle? |
|
Troy: |
I
would like a construction vehicle! I
think that would be good. Like an
excavator or something? Or a skid
steer? |
|
T: |
Alexander,
do you have an idea? |
|
Alexander: |
No. |
|
Griffin: |
We
can make a tractor! |
|
Troy: |
Oh,
I want a tractor! I want a big
dog. A big dog is like some sort of
tractor with two big wheels. The
biggest tractor of the world! I would
like it red. |
|
T: |
My
dad has red tractors- they are called Farmalls! |
|
Troy: |
I
want a Case tractor. |
|
T: |
What
is a Case tractor? |
|
Troy: |
Something
red and I will tell you. They are red
and gray. It has tires and it is made
to pull discs. |
|
T: |
We
saw some pictures of different tractors.
Why is a case tractor different? |
|
Josephine: |
It
has windows! |
Sketches:

Nathaniel's Sketch 
Josephine's Sketch 
Griffin's Sketch 
Alexander's Sketch
Work
in progress:

Alexander points out that the top of the tractor is smaller than the bottom.
![]() |
| Committee members vote on which box best suits the tractor's shape. |
![]() |
| Nathaniel and Alexander position the smaller box on the top of the tractor. They decide it is too tall and begin to discuss modifications. |
![]() |
| Griffin and Nathaniel paint the base of the tractor red. |
![]() |
| Josephine shares her idea for the exhaust stack to Alexander, and they both agree that it needs cuts to be shorter. |
![]() |
| Nathaniel uses his fine motor skills to trace the track tread of the tractor. |
![]() |
| Josephine traces the front of the box to ensure the construction paper fills the entire front. |
![]() |
| Nathaniel uses a Google image to help add the details to the track tread. |
![]() |
| Alexander bends the straw to match the shape of the exhaust stack in the photo. |
![]() |
| Alexander uses his fine motor control to trace the tractor's logo on the side of the box. Troy’s Tractor! |











No comments:
Post a Comment