Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Thursday, November 2, 2023

On our minds...

 Gwen counts fifteen friends in our circle.  Josephine and Luke are missing.  We wish them well!  She writes “N” on our calendar for Nature.

 

T:

What is on your mind today?  What are you thinking about?

Alex:

My favorite candy was suckers!  There was a purple one that never ends.  It was so delicious. 

Naomi:

After school today I am going to go to ballet.  I am learning dance moves. 

Andie:

For dinner last night, I had lots of candy!  I also had for breakfast which was really really tasty… caramel!  For dinner in the dark I had donuts and I also had for dessert lots of candy!  I also had caramel candy when I went trick-or-treating with Caroline.

Daniel:

Teddy just sneaks a lot of candy and leaves a trail of candy wrappers.

Troy:

I did nothing. 

Caroline:

I went to my Aunt Shelly’s and I had a big Reese Peanut Butter Cups.  Not super giant, but really big.

Gwen:

My mom didn’t give me any breakfast this morning because I wanted candy.  I just ate one, and my mom said I could eat Skittles after school.  My dad loves Reese Cups and Karen and my mom too.

Griffin:

I had a purple sucker with gum in it.  I’m not allowed to chew gum, so… Logan had one yesterday.  Today I had cereal, but I didn’t eat my yogurt.  I only ate my cereal, that’s it.  When I get home, I’m going to have candy.    

Cian:

I ate candy for breakfast and lunch and dinner!  And for dessert!

Camille:

My dad is going to get a pile of snow under my slide and I’m going to slide down into it.  I also, my Nana and my grandma came up to trick-or-treat with us.  Ruby trick-or-treat with us too.  Sienna dressed up as a ladybug instead of the butterfly.  There was also another little girl dressed up as a ladybug.

Nathaniel:

Nights when my mom lets me and Theo watch videos during dinner.  Ninjago!  We also watched a funny Minion movie. 

Gwen:

I brought a gingerbread stuffy in today.  Her name is Candy.

Griffin:

I saw Forest when I was walking in!

Forest:

When I stayed home when I was sick, I played games with Mommy!  Like Candyland! 

No comments:

Post a Comment