Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

On our minds...

  

Andie counts 17 friends in our circle.  Everyone is here!  She writes “M” on our calendar for Music.

 

T:

It is the middle of our week.  What is on your mind today? 

Caroline:

For breakfast that I had this morning, it was Applejacks and Mini Wheats.

Daniel:

I woke up and I had a really good sleep.  My grammy put me to sleep and I couldn’t fall asleep.  In the morning I waked up and I saw my mom. 

T:

What makes a good sleep?

Daniel:

Grammy came up half and when I fell asleep she went downstairs. 

Troy:

So I saw stuff on the way to school but there was a big rig that was shaped like my little one that I play with.  I play with the black one with the trailer but I lost the red part of it. 

Gwen:

I went to sleep in my bed and then I woke up in the middle of the night and I went into Mom and Dad’s bed.  Then I woke up Mom and then Dad and then Mom.  Then I forgot to brush my teeth!  I forgot to take a bath!

Forest:

I was playing when… I forgot.

Ashton:

I saw a missing cat.  Last weekend.  I don’t know what color.  It was on a sign. 

Camille:

My puppy had to go to the doctor and get an IV because she kept puking.  Her name is Liberty.  She is okay but she is going to have to go to the doctor again.

Nathaniel:

Some of my cousins are visiting.  They are staying at our house. 

T:

Did you want to share about Theo’s project?

Nathaniel:

No thank you.

Luke:

I don’t know.

Griffin:

I have three things to tell you.  Today… I only have two things to tell you, I think.  My birthday is after Logan’s.  His is at Christmas.  My sister has… today I played basketball.  After school today I’m going to play basketball with my brother.

Alexander:

I got glasses.  You can only see the sun when you put them on.  I can’t remember what they are called.  I am bringing them tomorrow.

Andie:

I have three things to tell you.  My half-birthday, you know what it is.  On Logan’s real birthday.  Isn’t that silly?  I have to tell you two more things.  At my house, my old house was really dirty, like dirt.  I also found a new house because that house is better because I have my favorite toys in it.  The Barbies and the LOLs and my LOLs are in the playroom.  Not the basement, just the closet where I have all my toys.  I have one more thing.  My daddies, my whole family, even Grandma and Papa and Nora and everyone in my family went to the store and got new food and they stayed for a sleepover.

Gwen:

I ate one-two-three-four candies.  I ate two.

Cian:

Do you know what my dream was?  Me and Paw Patrol!  There was a ginormous Humdinger. 

Camille:

He’s the bad guy. 

Quinn:

Half of my face is in my hood.  Half of my face is out.

Daniel:

I went to the Natural History Museum and I got the glasses that Alexander told us about.

No comments:

Post a Comment