Luke
is our friend counter this week and he counts fifteen friends in our
circle. Alex and Alexander are
missing. We wish them well. He writes an “L” on our calendar for library.
We will no longer write S on our calendar as we won’t have swim on Tuesdays anymore!
|
T: |
What
other words begin with an L? |
|
Gwen: |
Snow.
|
|
T: |
Sssss
Snow. That begins with an S! |
|
Cian: |
Leap.
|
|
Forest: |
Leaf.
|
|
Naomi: |
Lick.
|
|
Andie: |
Drain. |
|
T: |
Dddd
Drain starts with a D. |
|
Camille: |
London. |
|
Griffin: |
London
Montana. |
|
T: |
So,
friends, I think that we cannot talk about anything that Mrs. Rich and Miss
Kopp had planned. Look at what’s happening outside! There is something
magical about the first snowfall of the year. |
|
Troy: |
So,
when snow comes down, it starts to get on the road, and a snowplow starts
plowing it. |
|
Andie: |
You
can build a snowman. |
|
Caroline: |
You
can make your first snowball of the year. |
|
T: |
Are
you going to do that when we go outside? |
|
Caroline: |
Yeah,
and I even have better gloves this time. |
|
Camille: |
You
can have a snow fight. |
|
T: |
Yes,
at home. But at school, we can’t throw snowballs at friends. Because our playground
has some rocks under the snow, and we wouldn’t want to pick up rocks while
making our snowball. That would really hurt if someone got hit with a rocky
snowball! |
|
Griffin |
When
the snow falls on your car, there is a lot of snow on your car. |
|
Gwen:
|
Snow
is also fun to play in. You can build a snowman as tall as something. |
|
Caroline: |
You
can roll around in the snow with your clothes, you have to wear your snow
clothes. |
|
Ashton: |
You
can make a snowman. |
|
Andie: |
If
you throw snowballs at your friends, it will get in your eyes. |
|
Forest: |
I
woke up, and mommy and me were going outside and we throw snowballs. |
|
Daniel: |
On
the way into school, I caught a snowflake on my tongue. |
|
Troy:
|
So,
you can build a snowman, but you need to gather up sticks. If there are no
sticks out there, we can find something else to be the snowman's hands, and a
carrot to be his nose, and a big snowball on the bottom. Carrots grow in the
dirt. |
|
Caroline: |
How
are you even going to get over there to throw snowballs? |
|
T: |
Was
it snowing when you woke up? |
|
Nathaniel: |
Yeah,
but not as much as now. |
|
T: |
Why
wasn’t it snowing earlier? |
|
Nathaniel: |
It
wasn’t snowing when I woke up. |
|
T: |
Yeah,
I thought when I woke up this morning there would be a lot more snow than
there was. |
|
Gwen: |
I
thought I was going to wake up with so much piles of snow on the ground at my
house. |
|
T: |
We
have been looking at the weather and talking about predictions. Does anyone remember
seeing snowflakes on today’s weather forecast yesterday? Were they right? |
|
Students:
|
Yes! |
|
T: |
Quinn,
how are you going to get to the dentist? |
|
Quinn:
|
I
am going to build a snowman. |
|
Camille:
|
I
don’t know how to build a snowman. |
|
Naomi |
You
have to make a snowball. |
|
Cian: |
You
need a carrot to put in the head. |
|
Andie: |
You
could do something silly. You could turn it into an elf snowman and put elf
clothes on it. |
|
T: |
That's a great idea. Camille,
can we borrow your Halloween costume? |
|
Ashton: |
You
make it big and small and put a carrot nose on him and make arms and a nose. |
|
Caroline: |
I
don’t even know if there are any buttons outside. |
|
T: |
What
could you use instead of buttons? |
|
Students:
|
Rocks.
|
|
T: |
What
could we use instead of a carrot? |
|
Troy:
|
The
snow is making me excited to go outside and make a snowball. |
|
Luke: |
When
I was at my house Jamie and Charlotte were watching me play in the snow in a
snowsuit and I was throwing snowballs in my snowsuit. |
|
Griffin: |
When
I get outside, I am going to try to make a snowman. |
No comments:
Post a Comment