Troy
counts fifteen friends in our circle.
Luke and Alex are missing. He
writes an “N” on our calendar for Nature.
|
T: |
Today
is Thursday! What do you notice on the
calendar? Look at the square where
Troy wrote “N.” |
|
Troy: |
Winter! It will be winter break. |
|
Naomi: |
We
are going to be off. We will have a
new month. |
|
T: |
You
are right! Do you know which month it
will be? |
|
Caroline: |
It
is almost time for Santa Claus. |
|
Naomi: |
Christmas! |
|
Camille: |
December! |
|
T: |
It
will be December! December is such a
fun month. Caroline and Camille will
turn five. Santa will visit. So many things! |
|
Ashton: |
After
I am four, I turn this many. |
|
T: |
In
May! |
|
Daniel: |
My
birthday is next year in January. |
|
T: |
It
is so close! |
|
|
|
|
T: |
We
have some important news for tomorrow.
It will feel a bit different. When
you come to school tomorrow, both of your teachers will not be here! Mrs. Rich is traveling to Chicago, and I am
going to California. You will have two
substitute teachers. Mrs. Burns will
be in Room 103! |
|
Camille: |
That
was my teacher! |
|
T: |
She
is a familiar face to many of you! Ms.
Goumas will be helping Mrs. Burns. We
need to remember some important things… when we are not here, what should we
be thinking about? How can you help
new teachers in the classroom? |
|
Caroline: |
I
don’t think they even know we have jobs! |
|
T: |
Good
point! These teachers are not in our
classroom every day like we are. What can
you share about jobs? |
|
Caroline: |
That
we… I don’t know! No running! We can tell them we have a story-picker. |
|
All: |
Forest! |
|
Gwen: |
I
am still thinking. |
|
Daniel: |
Snack
Helpers and Art Studio Manager. |
|
T: |
What
does the Snack Helper do? |
|
Daniel: |
There
are two. They set out the snack. |
|
Camille: |
If
the teachers don’t know who are you, you can tell them your name! |
|
Griffin: |
So
we have to tell them what the jobs are.
The line leader is Caroline. The
weather girl is Josephine. The Lunch
Helper is Cian and Griffin, whoever Griffin is! |
|
T: |
Do
they know what special we have on Friday? |
|
All: |
Science! |
|
T: |
What
other things can we think of that will make tomorrow successful? |
|
Daniel: |
I
think I know what that means… |
|
T: |
That
means the day will go well! You will
have a wonderful day at school! |
No comments:
Post a Comment