Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Monday, November 13, 2023

New Jobs and Weekend News!

 We have new jobs!  Nathaniel is the Leader.  The Meteorologist is Daniel.  The Book Friend is Alex.  Camille is the Counting Friend.  The Classroom Manager is Ashton.  Gwen is the Snack Helper.  The Lunch Helper is Troy and Naomi is the Studio Manager.

 

Camille counts sixteen friends in our circle.  Josephine is missing.  We wish her well.  She writes an “A” on our calendar for Art.

 

T:

What holiday is coming up? 

Alex:

Thanksgiving!

T:

We have four more days of school after today, and then we will be home for a week to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with our families. 

Griffin:

After Thanksgiving is my brother’s birthday.

Gwen:

I ate popsicles with my mom and at night my dad slept with me for a little while in my bed, then he went back to his bed and then I hopped in their bed, too! 

Quinn:

I went to Sky Zone! 

Nathaniel:

I started working on my video. 

T:

That is so exciting! 

Caroline:

Last night I woke up and I saw frost outside. 

T:

What is frost?

Caroline:

It is white stuff that goes everywhere when it is really chilly.

Naomi:

Frost is something like really cool- like ice cubes!

Daniel:

I went to my Grammy’s house and I also went to Sky Zone. 

Griffin:

Today, you know what I’m going to say!  I’m sick.  I have a snotty nose.  Today when I get back home, I’m going to watch a show and have a snack. 

Alexander:

I went to see Santa Claus.  I don’t know where it is called.  I got a Santa hat balloon.  I told him I wanted a Hot Wheel garage.

Camille:

I played with my sister in her playpen.  We played “Don’t Let the Balloon Touch the Ground!” 

Andie:

I actually went to Café O Play and played with my sister.  At Café O Play there was actually something tricky.  One part is tricky and two parts are easy.  The easy one is jumping on the black ones.  The spiderweb!  The cheese!  We watched a video about Ninja Kids.  Grandma and Papa came over and we build a fort.  Then we watched Ninja Kids at Café O Play.

Alex:

I think I watched the Browns game once.  I watched them win.

T:

Mrs. Rich was screaming when they won!

Alex:

I also went on a hike with my family.

Luke:

I went somewhere with Kelly.  Emmy was scared of Santa Claus but I was sitting with him the whole time.  Baby Colin was scared, too.  I wasn’t scared.  He was decorating snow!  He was putting a log there to hold it up. 

Cian:

I forgot.

T:

Did you play outside?

Cian:

I played outside for a long time. 

Troy:

I forget.

T:

Did you do something special with Grandma Sally?

Troy:

I forget.

Ashton:

I got popsicles at my house.  I got lemonade ones. 

Naomi:

I can’t remember.

Forest:

I watched the red team win.  His name was Forest, just like my name! 

Camille:

My sister already turned one.  I am turning five on December 4th and I’m having a celebration at the bowling party in Fairlawn.  We are inviting some of my friends over, and it will be really excited to have some of my friends over at the bowling alley.

Ashton:

I got more.  I got these many popsicles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment