Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Monday, November 27, 2023

New Jobs and Thanksgiving Break News!

 Welcome back!  We have new jobs.  Quinn is the Classroom Manager.  Griffin and Cian are the Snack Helpers.  Andie is the Lunch Helper.  The Studio Manager is Alexander.  Caroline is the Leader.  Josephine is the Meteorologist.  Forest is the Book Friend.  The Counting Friend is Luke.

 

Luke counts thirteen friends in our circle.  Josephine, Nathaniel, Alex, and Alexander are missing.

 

T:

We were away from school for nine days!  That felt like a long time!  What did you do over your break?

Luke:

I watched TV.  Mom and Dad were sitting on the couch and we moved the couch before the big Christmas tree!  The hat is all the way up there still.  I have my airplane that has my family.  I bought it with Aunt Lilly at a store.

Gwen:

We put our Christmas tree up and decorated our Christmas tree and we also went to Karen’s house for Thanksgiving!  Nana Louis gave me a jar of candy.  We decorated our basement downstairs and we also saw snow.  I got a haircut but it is growing longer again.

Daniel:

I slept over at my dad’s house. 

Caroline:

When I was going to First Watch, I saw Mrs. Rich! 

T:

That was so fun to see you in the parking lot!

Camille:

I went to Nana and Papa’s for Thanksgiving.  I saw the elves.  I see the elves at my house every day!  Two of them!  One is Miss Elfy and one is Chippy.  They go home at nighttime.  Miss Elfy watches me and Chippy watches Sienna.  Today I found them on top of the lamp and over the chaise.  Yesterday I found them in the windows and the day they arrived they were on top of the mirror.  Daddy said “they look a little ornery this week.”  I have my fake Christmas tree with lights on it and it jingles whenever you press a button.  A candy cane pops out of each jingle thing.

Troy:

I think I don’t remember everything.  I remember three things.  We made a movie theater and I snuggled with Deedee, my favorite blanket.  My little digger stuffy broke and Mom fixed him. 

Andie:

One time, Tiny tricked us!  Tiny was behind the plant! 

T:

Who is Tiny?

Andie:

Well, Tiny is my elf.  Now today she did something really silly.  She is a doctor.  A doctor elf!  I hanged up two Christmas trees.  One is downstairs that is on the white porch thing.  I also have one upstairs.  I also had Thanksgiving.  I had buttered noodles and pineapple and apples.  Also, Nora came over for nine days.  I also, my bed is so soft and I also have one hundred two thousand stuffies.  I have a little stuffy toy that is a pumpkin thing.  One time, Nathan scared Tiny behind the plant.  I have one more thing to tell you.  My doctor elf, at the North Pole, it brought a table and a teacup and a doctor kit.

Ashton:

I got a elf too.  Jurassic Park is the name.  You know, the dinosaurs?  The raptor.  It has blue lines on him.  At Jurassic Park, you know?  You need to click click click quickly.  Him shake his head, too.  I watched it.  Last weekend.  My elf moves!  Him watching me. 

Griffin:

You know when I got my Christmas tree, my dad putted it up.  I didn’t decorate it yet.  I have a little Christmas tree in my room. 

T:

I used to have a Christmas tree in my room when I was little.

Griffin:

What did you put on it?

T:

Little ballerinas.

Griffin:

I have Pinocchio. 

Quinn:

I put my Christmas tree up and I put the lights up outside on the trees, too.  I helped put them on.  I did the high ones.  I had to climb the tree! 

Cian:

You know I put my Christmas tree up?  First I put the lights on and then I decorated it.  I went downstairs and found the Christmas plates that we could eat with, and a cup!  And a bowl!  I remember that when I went downstairs.

Naomi:

I played with Gigi and Meadow.  I played with them. 

Forest:

I ride my bicycle and I goed to my Grandma’s house.  I ride my bike at my Grandma and Grandpa’s house.

Caroline:

Did you know I have an elf, too?  Candy Cane!  He got a letter from my mailbox at home.  The letter was from me.  I wrote what I wanted for Christmas.  I want a pogo stick.  Did you know that one of my uncles got a new mom?  Her name is Oga. 

Camille:

Me and my mom and dad got some party bags set up for all my friends that are coming to my birthday at the bowling alley.  We have Elsa stamps, that is the theme of the party.  We also got bouncy balls and stretchy things that you can twist.  We also got snacks in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment