Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Monday, February 12, 2024

New Jobs and Weekend News!

 We have new jobs!  Josephine is the Leader.  Caroline is the Meteorologist.  Cian is the Book Friend.  Quinn is the Counting Friend.  Andie is the Classroom Manager.  Griffin and Alexander are the Snack Helpers.  Luke is the Lunch Helper and Forest is the Block Expert.

Quinn counts 14 friends in our circle.  Alexander, Andie and Cian are missing.  He writes “Art” on our calendar.

 

T:

Today is Monday, February 12!  Does anyone know what special we have on Mondays?

Nathaniel:

Art.

T:

We have art!  What did you do over the weekend?

Quinn:

I went to the pool! 

Ashton:

What pool?  At a hotel?

Quinn:

No!  I went down a giant slide.  Ginormous.  I was at a water park.  It was called… I don’t remember.

Ashton:

Maybe it was a pirate ship waterpark.  I forget what I did.

Camille:

I played with my sister.  Also, my sister played funny games with me.  She wanted me to hold the mushroom on my head.

Griffin:

I was at Andie’s house.  She tripped over a dog and she is still at home.  She had to have medicine and that’s it.  She was going to the doctor’s but they didn’t do anything.  The doctor would make it stop bleeding and then she is going to the dentist.  Today I was playing with my brother.  I was playing some football with my brother.  I watched the football game at Andie’s house.  I forget what.  We watched it at home, but the 49ers lost.  You know Trevor Kelce’s girlfriend was there.  Taylor Swift.  Trevor Kelce’s.  My brother always likes to watch it, and I watch MarioKart every time.

Caroline:

So I got a new watch!  Daddy thinks he has three watches!  For some reason, Addy keeps getting ticks.  She gets seven ticks so far. 

Gwen:

I went to Karen’s house and I was playing Encanto.  I had to go to the barn for Valentine’s pictures but I kept blowing out of the pictures.  The wind kept blowing me out.  I went to Gram’s house and I played with Mr. Monkey.  He was from Gigi.  Gigi came over yesterday, too.  There was lots of treats there.  Cheesecakes, cupcakes, a huge cupcake with a football ring, a football cookie… I kept taking cupcakes downstairs for a snack.

Luke:

I played with my airplanes.

Naomi:

I went to a party because it is almost my mom’s birthday.  I just played with Gigi. 

Nathaniel:

I played dodgeball with my brother. 

Ashton:

At your house or somewhere else?

Nathaniel:

At my house, inside. 

Alex:

I did dodgeball inside, too.  I forget what I did this weekend.  I just remembered that my dad bought me new shoes.

Daniel:

I got two new games.  One of them was called Kirby and the Buffet.  The other is called Kirby Smash.  I kind of wanted Kirby and the Buffet more. 

Forest:

I got nail polish.  I had a Valentine’s Day party at my house.  I ate cupcakes and cake.  That’s all.

Josephine:

I don’t know.  I been at my mommy’s.  I played with toys.  I not know.

Griffin:

I went to the Superbowl.  Gwen, who did the 49ers play against again?  The Chiefs!  No, not them.  I still like them, I was a 49ers fan.

Naomi:

At gymnastics, we had a thing and my mom did not vote for Taylor Swift.

 

 

T:

This week we are celebrating Kindness!  Look around our circle.  I see a lot of one color.

Caroline:

We are wearing blue for Happiness Day.

T:

We are wearing blue today to represent calm.  Blue is a calming color.  For Kindness Week, we have a special class that we are going to make something for.  This class is a third grade class, and we are going to work on things to give them to show them kindness.  They don’t know it is us!  This week we are going to focus on what we can do to be kind to one another.  We have some ideas for you, but we will talk about it as the week goes on.  Kindness is so important!

No comments:

Post a Comment