Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Thursday, February 1, 2024

We Celebrate Griffin!

 

Griffin

Committee Members:

Quinn, Nathaniel, Daniel, Andie, Gwen

The interview:

T:

Boys and girls, what can we ask Griffin in order to figure out what he would like us to make for him?

Quinn:

What’s your favorite show?

Griffin:

Wild Kratts. I like Bobcats. Because they have sharp teeth. Do you know why I want to make a bobcat? They attack bunnies.

Andie:

What’s your favorite toy?

Griffin:

Animals. I don’t have a bobcat, but I like tigers.  

Andie:

What is your favorite stuffed animal to sleep with?

Griffin:

My turtle. From Cayman Islands.

Daniel:

What’s your favorite video game?

Griffin:

Mario Kart. I like Toad.

Gwen:

What’s your animal at the zoo?

Griffin:

Giraffes.

Daniel:

I have a joke for Griffin. One time, my elf was playing video games. He was playing Mario Kart. He was a red Toad.

Nathaniel:

I have an idea of something that we can make him. A ninja.

Griffin:

I think I just want a bobcat. From the Wild Kratts show.

Quinn:

What color do you want your bobcat to be?

Griffin:

Orange. Orange is my favorite color.


Sketches:

 


                                            Gwen's Sketch 




Andie's Sketch 




Nathaniel's Sketch 




Daniel's Sketch




Quinn's Sketch 


Work in progress:

Gwen and Andie work on painting the head and nose for Griffin's bobcat. We decided to use yellow paint because bobcat's are "blonde."
Nathaniel works to paint the body for Griffin's bobcat. 
Quinn and Daniel use their scissor skills to cut out spots for the bobcat's body.  
Daniel and Nathaniel work to glue spots onto the body of the bobcat. They made sure to leave space in between each spot. 
Nathaniel works to glue spots onto the bobcat. 

Andie working to measure the bobcat's tail!
Gwen uses her pencil grip skills to draw paws! 

Griffin’s Bobcat!



No comments:

Post a Comment