Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

What is Love?

 

 

Quinn counts 16 friends in our circle. We are missing Alexander today. We wished him well. Mrs. Rich spells out F-U-N for Quinn to write on our calendar.  We don’t have a special today, so we are going to have FUN! What words begin like Fun?

 

T:

Cian:

What words make the F sound?

Four.

Andie:

Feather.

Forest:

Fat.

Camille:

Friend.

Caroline:

Foot.

Troy:

Fell.

Nathaniel:

Felt.

Forest:

Forest!

Naomi:

Free. T: Naomi, what’s on your shirt? Naomi: Flowers!

T:

Friends, I added a symbol on our calendar. (A heart) Why am I adding this symbol?

Caroline:

Because it’s almost Valentine’s Day. T: Friends, what is Valentine’s Day?

Naomi:

It’s when you love someone.

Troy:

I really wanted to add my name on there because Momma’s making me Valentine’s shirts.

Naomi:

It’s also when you eat food with guests when they come over.

Caroline:

It’s when you love someone and you give something to them.

Luke:

You get Valentine books.

Camille:

It’s all about giving. Like cards.

Quinn:

I will give my brother some Legos.

Naomi:

It’s when you spend time with people.

Forest:

It’s something where you give pie.

Andie:

It’s where you share something and you love someone and you give something that they love.

Alex:

A day all about love and you get goodie bags and stuff from people.

T:

So, friends, you keep talking about love. What is love? What does love mean?  

Quinn:

It means you give someone the things they love.

T:

I love a lot of things. I love pizza. I love reading. I love spring weather. I love the beach. I also love people more than I love things. I love Mr. Rich, and my daughters. I love all of you and Miss Kopp.

Griffin:

It means you are nice.

T:

What does the feeling feel like?

Cian:

 

T:

Good. It means you care about them. And if you care about them and you want to do what they want to do with you.

Boys and girls, think about what you love. What do you love? You can love things, people, and places.

Caroline:

I love my family.

Quinn:

I love the beach and I love pizza. And I love my new dog.

Cian:

I love you, Mrs. Rich. I love my class. I love playing. I love nature. My mommy, my family, my grandma, my grandpa.

Daniel:

My family.

Gwen:

Water. And winking lizards.

Luke:

I love Jasmine. And my mom and dad.

Forest:

Everyone. And my family.

Naomi:

My family and the beach and Winking Lizard.

Troy:

I love my combine shirt.

Andie:

I love my family and my toys and my dog.

Josephine:

I love my family.

Alex:

I love my family and school.

Griffin:

Andie’s dogs. I love pizza, winking lizards, and baths.

Camille:

I love my family and Josephine.

Nathaniel:

Nature, my brother, and Minecraft.

T:

Friends, today is Tuesday and tomorrow is…Valentine’s Day! A day of love! So, friends, we have something exciting to work on today. We saved some hearts. We are going to be making Valentine’s for our families.  

No comments:

Post a Comment