Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Friday, February 16, 2024

We Celebrate Forest!

 

Forest

Committee Members:

Ashton, Troy, Quinn, Naomi

 


The interview:

T:

Boys and girls, what can we ask Forest in order to figure out what he would like us to make for him?

Troy:

Forest really loves trucks.

Ashton:

Maybe a boat with trucks on it.

Troy:

A firetruck!

Quinn:

I know what we should make. A castle.

Naomi:

Yeah, a castle.

Troy:

A there’s like a firetruck inside the castle.

Troy:

We should make him something like a tractor thing.

Ashton:

And the tractor goes on water.

Troy:

And it comes with a plow to plow sand on the beach.

Naomi:

A truck. Because boys like truck. I don’t know what color.

Ashton:

Rainbow and some green.

Troy:

We will need a flatbed to haul it on.

Quinn:

We should make himself.

T:

I know that Forest loves Snoopy.

Naomi:

How about a cow. I went to snoopy land with my cousins.

Ashton:

You know tinker bell and peter pan?

Troy:

What if we make a cruise ship for snoopy to be on.

Forest:

I like Snoopy. I would like to have Snoopy.


Sketches:

 

Ashton's Sketch

Troy's Sketch 

Quinn's Sketch 

Naomi's Sketch

Work in progress:

Quinn Measures two halves of a paper towel roll to make sure they are equal in size to make Snoopy's legs!
Naomi working hard to ensure Snoopy's legs and arms are covered in black paint. 
Quinn and Ashton working hard to ensure Snoopy's arms and legs are covered in black paint.
Troy and Ashton showcasing excellent teamwork while painting Snoopy's body white. 
Naomi and Quinn working to paint Snoopy's head. 
Quinn using his fine motor skills to cut out Snoopy's heart. 
Ashton preparing to glue Snoopy's nose!
Ashton preparing to glue Snoopy's eyes. 
Naomi using fine motor skills to glue and place gems and shapes inside Snoopy's heart. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment