Alex
counts fourteen friends in our circle. Troy,
Camille, and Alexander are missing. We
wish them well! She writes “Music” on
our calendar.
|
T: |
What
words start with the same sound that begins like Music? |
|
Naomi: |
Monkey.
|
|
Griffin: |
Matt.
|
|
Alex: |
I
was also thinking monkey. T: What is your dad’s name? Alex: Michael! |
|
Forest: |
Monster
truck. |
|
Caroline: |
Mom.
|
|
Daniel: |
Michael.
|
|
Cian: |
Moe
and map. |
|
Quinn: |
Michael
Angelo. |
|
Ashton:
|
Monster
truck. |
|
Andie: |
Math.
|
|
Naomi: |
Mug.
|
|
Nathaniel: |
Man.
|
|
Luke: |
Monster
truck. |
|
Naomi: |
Mist. |
|
Forest: |
Mike
Wazowski. And Maren. |
|
Caroline: |
Mat.
|
|
Ashton: |
Move
it move it. |
|
T: |
What
is Miss Kopp’s favorite character? Students: Mickey! T: Yes! |
|
T: |
Friends,
we are going to have a very exciting meeting this morning. We are going to continue
working with our beautiful stuff. Over the past few weeks, you have shared
your collections, and we have all explored the materials. What have you done
with it so far? |
|
Caroline: |
I
made a ghost. T: What did you use? Caroline: I used a little necklace, 2 puffballs
and a pipe cleaner. |
|
Daniel: |
I
used a pipe cleaner, whatever it’s called I forget… I used the paw patrol box
that Caroline brought in and I put stuff in it. |
|
Andie: |
I
made a house. T: What did you use? Andie: I used a Q-tip and a pom pom and I
used the placemat and I used this napkin and this shoelace. |
|
Alex: |
I
made a smiley face with the balls and the pipe cleaners. |
|
Gwen: |
I
made surprises for you and Miss Kopp and Andie. |
|
T: |
So
friends, it’s time for the next step in this project. We are going to start
sorting the materials in the collection. What does sorting mean? We did
something similar in our leaf man project. |
|
Naomi: |
You
put the stuff, like if you had a pinecone and you had a lot of them you put
them all into one box. |
|
Caroline: |
You
put it in a correct one. |
|
Cian: |
If
you have a pinecone and a leaf you put it all together in a bag. |
|
Griffin: |
If
you have a mushroom and a leaf… T: Would they go to together? Griffin: Yeah. |
|
Alex:
|
No,
if they were all together they would get mixed up. |
|
Forest:
|
If
you have flowers, they go together. |
|
T:
|
So
friends, we are going to do this a lot like leaf man. We are going to put
everything in our collection in the center. |
|
T: |
Quinn,
would you please choose one item from this collection? Just one. Bring it
back to your spot. *He found a number 5 candle* |
|
Quinn: |
It’s
a 5. |
|
T: |
Here
is how we are going to do this… I want you to describe it. What does it feel
like? What does it look like? Is it hard, soft, squishy? |
|
Quinn: |
It’s
hard, and it feels like a cookie. It’s sparkly. |
|
T: |
I
am noticing it is all one color. |
|
Quinn: |
It’s
green. |
|
T: |
He
has described it as hard, green, sparkly… if you could pick one word about
that candle out of those words, what would you choose? |
|
Quinn: |
I
would choose green. |
|
T: |
Okay,
your job is to write green on this paper so we can label our first category. |
|
Quinn:
|
*Writes
green as the class helps him spell it, sounding out each letter* |
|
T: |
So
friends, we have our first category. |
|
Cian: |
We
can put all the green things in there. |
|
T: |
Yes!
Quinn, could you find one more green thing and put it in here? *Finds a green
gem* |
|
T: |
Alex,
would you find something that is green? *Green ribbon* |
|
T: T: |
Daniel,
Josephine, Nathaniel, Naomi, Ashton, Luke, Caroline all find something green.
How
would you know that this might say green? If you are unable to read it? Students:
Because it has green inside it! |
|
T: |
Forest,
you can go next. Look in our collection and pick one thing! |
|
Forest: |
*Picks
a card* T: can you describe that item for us? |
|
Forest: |
I
don’t know. It looks like a square. Or a rectangle. T: Or like a box shape?
Forest: Yeah, a box shape. T: Should we write rectangle? It’s kind of long
word to write, but we can do it. Forest: The first letter is R! *He writes
rectangle to label our second bin of items. |
|
T: |
So
friends, is there anything else in our collection that could go into this
bin? Forest finds a sheet of felt shaped like a rectangle. Gwen, Griffin, Cian,
Andie, Josephine, Ashton all pick something rectangular. T: So friends, we
have 2 categories. Soon, we will have 17 categories! We will call you during work
time 1 and work time 2 to create categories. |
No comments:
Post a Comment