Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another. –Marva Collin

Be a Mystery Reader!

We would love to have you read to our class as a "Mystery Reader." Typically we host Mystery Readers at 8:35. We have a sign-up outside of our classroom, but you are welcome to email us to see if a date is available. The day before you read, please send in three clues about yourself (i.e. I have long hair, I have two children, I am a doctor). Grandparents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. are welcome!

How to Reach Us!

We are happy to address any concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail with questions, concerns or other information at room103@oldtrail.org.

Dismissal

If your child's dismissal plans change for a particular day, please let us know at drop-off or by e-mail. Dismissal for half-day children is at 12:00. If you are delayed or unable to to arrive by 12:10, please pick up your child at the main entrance.

Monday, February 26, 2024

New Jobs and Weekend News!

 We have new jobs!  Andie is the new Leader.  Luke is the Meteorologist.  Alexander is the Book Friend.  Cian is the Counting Friend.  Forest is the Classroom Manager.  The Snack Helpers are Griffin and Caroline.  The Lunch Helper is Quinn and Josephine is the Block Expert.

 

Gwen counts the friends in our circle.  Andie, Cian and Daniel are missing.  We wish them well!  She writes “Art” on our calendar.

 

T:

Today is February 26th!  Is that at the beginning of the month, or the end?

Camille:

End!

T:

We are almost done with February!  What month is next?

Alex:

March.

T:

March is next!  Today we have Art.  What news do you have about your weekend?

Camille:

I played hula hoops with my dad.  The hula hoops that I have lighted up.

Caroline:

So last night me and Daddy were playing with my tent, and he accidentally scratched my eye.  I went to Daniel’s birthday party and I saw Chucky.

Quinn:

I went to a magic show and Chuck-E-Cheese.  At the end, I saw a golden curtain and behind it was a golden helicopter.  Someone was in it. 

Josephine:

I went to Chuck-E-Cheese, too. 

Naomi:

I went to two birthday parties.  Daniel and my friend, Maise.  I went to Aunt Janet’s house and I stayed the night.  After that I played at Gigi’s. 

Alex:

I played Barbie’s with my mom while watching the Barbie movie.  I went to Daniel’s birthday and I celebrated my sister’s birthday yesterday.  She’s one! 

Griffin:

Yesterday my mom drived me to my sister’s Girl Scouts because I had to get Chick-Fil-A.  I had some French fries.  I had to go to another store and then home with my dad.  Then my dad had to give me medicine because my ear still hurts.  I had to stay home.  I only had French fries.  My sister was at Girl Scouts.

Alexander:

I liked the pirate ride best.  And the Haunted Mansion.  I met Darth Vader and Kylo Ren and Storm Troopers and Jack Sparrow.  I saw Mickey Mouse.  I saw him but I only waved.  I saw Minnie Mouse. 

Nathaniel:

I forget.  Well, I did work on something that was Legos, but it was not a Lego set.  It was miscellaneous parts. 

Gwen:

My friend Hallie came over and gave me my poodle back.  She also gave me a blanket with stars on it, which definitely wasn’t mine.

Forest:

I played with Maren and Elio.  I played with the dollhouse. 

Ashton:

At Disney last weekend, I went on the jungle ride.  I played with toys, and a dinosaur game.  Nothing else.  I only watched some TV. 

Griffin:

I went to my grandma and papa’s.  My other cousins were there.  Clara is only two years old.  She’s a girl.

Luke:

I have something at home.  It is a shark!  A swim-bag shark.

No comments:

Post a Comment